- Why ship rather than fly
- Intrastate – not a “transfer” needing an FFL
- Interstate – to yourself or FFL only
o To you, c/o the other person (not a transfer if unopened)
o Shipping to someone else - change in control
- Keep box un-taped for possible inspection.
- Insert FFL
- DECLARE firearm
- Handguns – non-FFL use UPS or FedEx only
- Ammo – Use UPS or FedEx only – GROUND.
o Must be marked ORM-D/diamond
- No law that I know of about ammo and firearm in same box (rules only)
- USPS – US Mail
o Long-guns only for non-FFL
o Best for price/insurance
o No ammo
o Include a “Return Service Requested” endorsement.
o Ship using Priority Mail Express.
o Signature is required and must be used at delivery
- UPS – FFLs only (their rules)
o Should not identify firearm (label/box)
o Handguns overnight
o Ammo ground-only marked 66lb max
o No markings (must not)
o Ammo in separate package
o Store/Center dependent
o Have copy of FFL
- Use/Get FFL