- Requirements developed by U.S. Army’s Delta Force
- HK collaborated with Larry Vickers in development
- HK416 Adopted by Delta Force in 2004
- JSOC fields HK416 in 2006
- Marine Corp adopts IAR variant in 2012
- Short Stroke gas piston system derived from that of the HK G36
- Modified and tool-less gas regulator for suppressor use
- G3 style front and rear sights with fold down front sight
- Upper receiver is interchangeable with non-HK lower receivers
- Completely ambidextrous controls
- Ergonomic pistol grip with storage compartment for field stripping tool
3. Claim to Fame - The rifle that killed Bin Laden
4. Civilian Variant - MR556A1
Features ○ Larger Bolt ○ Captured Pin replaces cotter pin ○ Firing Pin Block eliminates dimpled primers or slamfires ○ Safety can be engaged with hammer cocked or resting ○ Cold Hammer Forged barrel, not chrome lined ○ pivot pin lug and takedown pin lug are interchangeable with standard AR lowers Price - $3,000.00 and up The Downside (besides the price) ○ Heavy ○ Doesn’t like pmags ○ Potential for bolt failures due to tilt-bolt pressures Feedback:
Wes C: Where is cheapest place to get a AR-15 jig and build kit even a used one.
Rob L.: Hi Guys, Just came across the supposedly 50 state legal 5.56 ARES SCR America’s Sport Rifle. Have you covered it for the poor folks that reside in The Peoples Commie Semi-Republic of Kalifornia and other AR haten mis-states? ARES vs. Bullet-Button AR-15s or other 50 state legal ARs? How 'bout ARES vs. simple Ruger M-14? Sorry if you've already covered.
Sam P.: Hey again guys another great show in the books I had my fad/fetish days with my AR15S and am well over that now. I am definitely a more is less bare bones type of guy. I posted a pic on your flikr of my first ar15/zombie rifle please laugh at it ridiculousness. Thanks for your feedback on the grendel barrel. I ordered a 20\" lilja fluted so im at a resting point on this build and am working on second 300blk which will be an sbr. Thanks guys.