Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 133 - this week is part 4 of a 4 part series discussing self defense, our guest is NRA Board member and founder of Second Call Defense, let’s get it on!
Our cast as always starts with
- A Do it yourself YouTuber who plans on bringing back AR-15 Carry Handles, lots and lots of carry handles- Savage1r
- Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, blogger at heelsandhandguns.com a woman who likes her men like she likes her wine, sweet and intoxicating. - Lil Chantilly
- Former Marine and owner of River’s Edge Tactical. A man who would give the sleeveless shirt off his own back if it meant he could put on another sleeveless shirt - Jeremy Pozderac
- Next up, the self proclaimed Machine Gun Moses, a man with a teardrop tattoo for every person he has ever killed - Aaron Krieger.
- My name is Shawn,and I always wonder why demons in movies always possessed children and old people instead of the biggest dude.
Disclaimer about not taking everything to heart!
Our guest is Sean Maloney. He splits his time amongst being an NRA Board member, Second Call Defense, Criminal defense attorney, FASTER program and Buckeye Firearms Association.
- Anatomy of a self defense shooting
- Aaron: In your experience does the type of ammo effect prosecution for example RIP ammo, Black talon, or self loaded ammo
- Savage1r - What differences will people see in a court case if they use a weapon other than a gun, such as knife, taser, or blunt object?
- Lil: If I hold a home intruder at gunpoint what are the legal pros and cons? (Separate from if this is a good idea at the moment from a defensive stand point.)
- Savage1r - legalities of using nfa weapons (sbr/sbs/fa/suppressor) for self defense in the house.
- Aaron: I know they say that every bullet has a lawyer attached to it, but what is the likely chance to get prosecuted criminally for saving lives, not talking civil just criminal
- Lil: If my kids are in my house… sleeping in different bedrooms upstairs, and someone breaks in my home downstairs, how does that change things?
- Lil: If my daughter uses pepper spray against an attacker, what legal issues might she have?
- Tell us how a prosecutor looks at a self defense shooting
- Anyone provide insurance for other self defense tools
Second Call Defense
GIVEAWAY - http://welikeshooting.com/selfdefense
Everyone who signs up gets a free We Like Shooting pint glass, just send your email confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t wait until it’s too late. http://welikeshooting.com/scd - brought to you by Carl’s Jr.
Lil’s Livefire Lounge:
- Goal Setting: Remember That You Will Die (Melody Lauer)
- How much time do you have left? - Growing Up Guns
Transformer rails on the way. Follow them on facebook to see the cool stuff they are doing.
Coupon code WLS10 for 10% off any day, every day for WLS listeners. Don’t share with people who don’t listen, they don’t deserve it! Or, better yet, just tell your friends they should listen!
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
THIS WEEK (133) WE ARE ONLY DISCUSSING OUR TRAINING TOOLS WE USE TO HELP US STAY DEFENSIVE
- savage1r: knowing your state and federal laws
- Aaron - SIRT AR Bolt
- Jeremy - It’s a surprise
- Lil - LaserLyte training cartridge - with dryfire
- Shawn - LASR App w/Sirt, tactical and defense training, 3-gun
JC ARMS AND AMMUNITION PROMO -
Other writers and content creators are seeing it now. On Youtube the Justin Opinion channel bought some and I’m looking forward to hearing his thoughts!
New promo code. $5 off any order of $50 or more WLS5OFF
OR buy a range pack and get $5 off your first order. Use code WLS5OFFRP
Brought to you by JC Arms and Ammunition is Going Ballistic with Savage1r (News/Politics/Etc.)
- Newtown families decide to emulate the Aurora Theater Shooting families and go full retard, likely urged to do so by the Brady Campaign. Notice the article is brought to you by “The Trace”, Bloomberg’s dedicated propaganda wing. “the lawsuit would then head into uncharted territory, as the Newtown plaintiffs seek to use the industry’s marketing tactics against it.” ORLY Connecticut?
- Slippery slope in oregon. Background checks on all gun show sales, followed by background checks on all sales. Now, after gun crime increased, Gabby Giffords and other anti’s want more because ‘common sense’. "Stopping gun violence takes courage. The courage to do what's right. The courage of new ideas," Giffords said. "We must never stop fighting." - except their courage did wrong, their courage was to repeat old ideas, but they will never stop coming. - Safe storage - violation of Heller.
- Questions for Sean about SC.
- 1. Can you explain how heller changed the status of the 2A to a fundamental right and what strict scrutiny means when evaluating a law.
- 2. What does scalia death mean for the SC, and will his legacy of heller be able to stop most gun control laws if they reach the SC?
- 3. What can people do to influence the next scj nomination?
DEZ promo and SDI promo
DEZ Code: WLSPatron
What do you think of our theme months?
How can you help the show? We have two great ways! First we have our patreon program. If you think the show has value and have a couple of bucks to spare join over 200 other listeners in an exclusive group! By joining our patreon program you get rewards based on the level you support us at. From stickers to patches to great gear and swag! Please become a patreon. Just visit http://welikeshooting.com/pledge to learn more.
Next, we introduced a groundbreaking new rewards program. If you can’t afford a couple of bucks a month, you can help us by becoming a rooftopper. You sign up, get a unique link to share with your friends, share the link and every time someone clicks on it, you earn points. The more points you earn the more rewards and badges you earn. Go to http://wlsshow.com/register to get started.
congrats to Chrisgill
You can do one or both, either way your contributions are greatly appreciated!
- Find us on all the social media and our website.
Just a reminder to join a gun related advocacy group and we always give out the Suicide prevention line, that number is 1 (800) 273-8255
We’re here live every week on Wednesday nights and on demand every Thursday. Go to welikeshooting.com/show to subscribe!
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.
You can download or subscribe to our weekly show every Thursday at http://welikeshooting.com/show
If you'd like to watch live, our show broadcasts live every Wednesday night at 7:30PM (MT), watch it and chat with us at http://gunchannels.com/WeLikeShooting
Please support our advertisers, DEZ Tactical Arms, Manticore Arms, Second Call Defense and the Sonoran Desert Institute.
Also check out our syndication partners ModernArms.net, GunsSaveLives.net, AR-15 Gun Owners of America and Guns America.