Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 130 - this week is part one of a 4 part series discussing self defense shooting, our guest is Rob Pincus, let me introduce my crew! We have
- A Do it yourself YouTuber who knows two wrongs don't make a right, just take his parents as an example. - Savage1r
- Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, blogger at heelsandhandguns.com. who really wants a great gift for Mothers Day, but her kids can't afford to move out yet. - Lil Chantilly
- Former Marine and owner of River’s Edge Tactical. Who believes strong people don't put others down. They lift them up and slam them on the ground for maximum damage. - Jeremy Pozderac
- A precision rifle builder that wishes he had a dollar for every girl that found him unattractive, that way they would eventually find him attractive. - Nick Lynch
- 3 gun shooter and famous media personality who wants to die peacefully in her sleep, like her grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car Kelli Sampsel.
- Next up, the self proclaimed Machine Gun Moses who keeps asking why is there so much blood in his alcohol system? - Aaron Krieger.
- My name is Shawn and I hate people who use big words just to make themselves look perspicacious
Speak with and introduce guests:
former army reserve, law enforcement, private security, instructor in firearms, personal defense and tactics. The executive Director or Personal Defense Network, Owner of I.C.E. Training Company and co-founder of Avidity Arms, please welcome Rob Pincus
Second Call Defense
Can you imagine any words scarier than “police are investigating the shooting” and knowing it is about you? You are in your house, you hear a noise, you get up to investigate and soonafter someone is dead and bleeding in your house. What’s the first thing you do? Do you have to get a lawyer or do the cops give you one? There are thousands of questions competing with the stress you have going on right now.
That is why you need Second Call Defense. You call the police, then you call SCD. They will jump into action and make sure you have an attorney, bail, guidance, direction and more.
For less than your car insurance, home owners insurance or camera insurance they will cover you not only for criminal charges, but any civil charges that may come up. They are there to help you pick up the pieces and not rot in a jail cell. these situations are not always as simple as it would seem. Why risk it?
Everyone who signs up gets a free We Like Shooting pint glass, just send your email confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t wait until it’s too late. http://welikeshooting.com/scd
Lil’s Livefire Lounge:
- A counter-discussion (see episode 129 when I said no more conceal carry purses.) In defense of such products, or at least a devil’s advocate point of view, I offer this news story from this week in Louisville, KY.
After 60 minutes read ad! Remind me guys!
Coupon code WLS10 for 10% off any day, every day (not combinable with WLS30, only one coupon code at a time) for WLS listeners. Don’t share with people who don’t listen, they don’t deserve it! Or, better yet, just tell your friends they should listen!
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
THIS WEEK (130) WE ARE ONLY DISCUSSING SELF DEFENSE ITEMS. FIRST LETS TALK ABOUT WHAT WE CARRY OR WOULD CARRY AND WHY
What do/would you carry?
Where do you carry?
Why do you carry?
- savage1r: Tristar T-100
- Aaron - Strikeone From Arsenal 9mm
- Shawn - M&P Shield - 9mm
- Lil - Have: XD(s) 9mm / Want: Ruger LC9s or LCP
- Nick - FEG pistols
- Guest Panelist -
- Guest: The new Avidity Arms PD10
JC ARMS AND AMMUNITION PROMO -
Shooting with Chris and Kenaz
Two promos to tell you about
Spend over $175 and get free shipping with code FREESHIP
OR buy a range pack and get $5 off your first order. Use code WLS5OFFRP
Brought to you by JC Arms and Ammunition is Going Ballistic with Savage1r (News/Politics/Etc.)
- Facebook and Instagram decides to shut down all p2p gun sales on their social media site. Remember, it’s perfectly legal to sell other items, though.
- After a firestorm of criticism at the attorney general of Virginia, McAuliffe reversed the decision, restoring most of the CCW reciprocity states as long as the pro-gun side conceded that people with domestic violence restraining orders would be barred from carrying a gun. This isn’t a problem, because it’s already FEDERAL LAW that anyone who has a protection order against them can’t own a gun in the first place. The Deets.
- The case against century arms, among others, proves clinton’s claims that manufacturers and shops cannot be sued is false.
DEZ promo and SDI promo
How can you help the show? We have two great ways! First we have our patreon program. If you think the show has value and have a couple of bucks to spare join over 200 other listeners in an exclusive group! By joining our patreon program you get rewards based on the level you support us at. From stickers to patches to great gear and swag! Please become a patreon. Just visit http://welikeshooting.com/pledge to learn more.
Next, we introduced a groundbreaking new rewards program. If you can’t afford a couple of bucks a month, you can help us by becoming a rooftopper. You sign up, get a unique link to share with your friends, share the link and every time someone clicks on it, you earn points. The more points you earn the more rewards and badges you earn. Go to http://wlsshow.com/register to get started.
congrats to Chrisgill
You can do one or both, either way your contributions are greatly appreciated!
- Find us on all the social media and our website.
Just a reminder to join a gun related advocacy group and we always give out the Suicide prevention line, that number is 1 (800) 273-8255
We’re here live every week on Wednesday nights and on demand every Thursday. Go to welikeshooting.com/show to subscribe!
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.
You can download or subscribe to our weekly show every Thursday at http://welikeshooting.com/show
If you'd like to watch live, our show broadcasts live every Wednesday night at 7:30PM (MT), watch it and chat with us at http://gunchannels.com/WeLikeShooting
Please support our advertisers, DEZ Tactical Arms, Manticore Arms, Second Call Defense and the Sonoran Desert Institute.
Also check out our syndication partners ModernArms.net, GunsSaveLives.net, AR-15 Gun Owners of America and Guns America.