Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 87, this episode we talk about Sirt AR Bolt, Vortex Razor HD Gen II, NRA Annual Meetings and Legendary Arms Works! Our panel tonight consists of -
- A YouTuber and my mate. - Savage1r
- Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, and blogger at HeelsandHandguns.com - Lil Chantilly
- Former Marine and owner of Rivers Edge Tactical - Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker - Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, Our Media contact and all around cool guy Aaron
- A Firefighter, gunsmith, and machinist, our Rhode island god father who’ll make you an offer you can’t understand - Rhody
- My name is Shawn.
Our guest tonight...
Speak with and introduce guest:
is a Marine and Singer/Songwriter for WGN America’s Outlaw Country. When he’s not rocking out, he’s an instructor and Liaison for the Sonoran Desert Institute. Please welcome Gabriel Wren!
Second Call Defense
Let me play some audio for you.
What happens next?
Tonight we’ll talk about the advocate plan. For $14.95 a month, you get all the coverage of the basic plan we mentioned last week, but it adds Civil suit defense and damages protection, ups your monetary limits and adds expert witness coordination!
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Please consider joining Second Call Defense right now. For a limited time get your first month free, go to http://welikeshooting.com/scd today.
Speak of Sean Maloney, one more chance to vote.
Lil’s Livefire Lounge:
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
Tonight we are going to do We Like Shooting Theater sponsored by Manticore Arms. Where we re-enact movie scenes, our style. Tonight we will perform a scene from Die Hard. Hans Gruber will be played by Gabe and John McClane will be played by Lil.
Hans Gruber: [on the radio] Mr. Mystery Guest? Are you still there?
John McClane: Yeah, I'm still here. Unless you wanna open the front door for me.
Hans Gruber: Uh, no, I'm afraid not. But, you have me at a loss. You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Sven Jonnsen?
John McClane: Was always kinda partial to Roy Rogers actually. I really like those sequined shirts.
Hans Gruber: Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?
John McClane: Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker.
Several of the WLS crew will be in Mount Carroll, Illinois on Sept 19th for the annual Bullpup shoot! This event is free to the public and entry gives you the option to shoot all kinds of great guns from so many great vendors! Go to bullpupshoot.com to find out more!
Thanks to Manticore Arms and don’t forget you can get all kinds of awesome accessories for your AUG, AR, AK, Tavor and more just by visiting Manticore Arms. free USPS Priority shipping for the next week with promo code PIMPYOURGUN
Visit them at manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
Also, please tell Manticore Arms how much you appreciate them supporting the show by going to welikeshooting.com/manticore
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
Limit to 2 stories
- Sarah Brady dead at 73: http://www.bradycampaign.org/press-room/brady-campaign-mourns-the-death-of-sarah-brady
- Oregon Sheriff promises not to enforce UBC’s: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/05/oregon-sheriff-gun-control-push-borderline-treasonous-will-not-enforce/, http://www.oregonfirearms.org/no-expanded-background-checks
- Moms Demand Attention...and protective orders: http://bearingarms.com/moms-demand-leader-deemed-threat-kids-barred-owning-guns/
- Rhonda Rousey Book not allowed to be sold in Walmart because she is too violent.
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat (Limit this to 4 items, not everyone has to have a product
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- savage1r: SIRT-AR Bolt
- Aaron - NRA Show
- Lil -
- Jeremy- Vortex Razor HD Gen II (did I already do this. I dont remember)
- Shawn - LAW Rifle
- NickLynch -
- Guest: Machine guns and broken hearts.
- Favorite episode
- How they found the podcast
- Favorite guest
- Funniest moment
- 4/8 - Funniest moment on the show
- Best takeaway
- Rhyming review
- A particular strange word -
- 4/1 Geronimo
5 stars - Scotzy - If you want to just relax and listen to a good podcast that is pretty funny, this is the show for you. Just be aware that you might fall out of your chair laughing. ‘GERONIMO!!!’ Well that wasn’t as funny as I thought it would be. Seriously though… Great show.
5 stars - Lizard30-30 - There once was a man named Geronimo, who loved We Like Shooting you ought to know. Lil, Jeremy, Aaron, Savage and Shawn are totally spot on, and they’re always down to party if you wanna go. :) Seriously though thank you all for making such an enjoyable show. It’s funny and informative. Always looking forward to the next episode.
5 stars - Jeff Haddox - This panel of gun enthusiasts will have you rolling on the floor. Either laughing or if you dare playing their drinking game. One of my favorite segments was Who’s gun in History where they would take a historical figure like Geronimo and give him a modern firearm. I would give him an AK-47 with a Manticore Arms Alfa Rail Keymod Forend and standard wood buttstock with brass tack decorations. The US special forces cavalry unit (yeah that’s right special forces on horses) would want short carbines, like Tavor’s with Manticore Arms Arclight XTL Keymod Forend. Next they will combine two great segments. Who’s drink in history. Imagine Geronimo in a box canyon camp sitting by the fire sipping a Mango-rita. I have nothing against the Native Americans in fact my indian name is barking spider. (no joke) I love this podcast so much I became a Patreon of this show and Firearms Radio Network this month.
Check out our friends at SocoKydex.com. They make great holsters for just about anything you can imagine!
In addition to our amazing sponsors, our show is crowdfunded. You agree to support us and we will send you cool stuff AND . The best part is you get rewards back. We’ve given away 2 rifles and a pistol in the last 6 months! When we reach $700 per episode, we’re giving something amazing stay tuned to find out what (HINT if you build it, Shawn will come)!!!
Find out more at http://welikeshooting.com/pledge
Thanks to our guest!
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website - welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook
- We Like Shooting on Twitter
- We Like Shooting on Google+
- We Like Shooting on Instagram
- We Like Shooting on YouTube
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest
- Clash of clans and boom beach
Thanks to our advertisers, DEZ Tactical Arms, Manticore Arms, Soco Kydex and Second Call Defense and the Sonoran Desert Institute.
Thanks to our syndication partners:
- Easy Bake Gun Club
- AR-15 Gun Owners of America
- Guns America
- warrior talk radio
Don’t forget to join a gun related advocacy group such as the Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA, whatever. Your money helps them fight for our rights.
Don’t forget, the Veterans crisis line & suicide prevention line - 1-800-273-8255. I hope you don’t need to call but if you need to, make the call.
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.
You can download or subscribe to our weekly show every Thursday at http://welikeshooting.com/show
If you'd like to watch live, our show broadcasts live every Wednesday night at 7:30PM (MT), watch it and chat with us at http://gunchannels.com/WeLikeShooting