Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 68. This week we’ll talk about 1000yrd shots, Half Cocked Steel targets, an update on the Canik TP9, the CZ Scorpion, Car accessories, Polymer 80 80% lowers and Precision Ear custom hearing protection.
Our panel tonight
Our panel tonight consists of -
- A YouTuber with a DIY attitude. - Savage1r
- Also with us, Former Marine and owner of Rivers Edge Tactical - Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker - Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, Our Media contact - Aaron Krieger
- Firefighter, gunsmith and our token black guy - Rhody
- I’m Shawn, an instructor, reviewer, competitor -
Speak with and introduce guest:
Guest - Our guest tonight is a 22 year Army vet, Law enforcement, Firearms instructor, armorer and competitor. He’s the owner of the Precision Ear LLC, please welcome, Jeff Weaver.
This show releases on Thanksgiving and I just wanted to give anyone that wants to the opportunity to tell the audience what they are thankful for.
We Like Shooting as a whole is thankful for you. The folks who listen to or watch this show, visit our website, the patrons, the people we interact with on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, our advertisers and sponsors - Sven and Kristen at Manticore Arms, Brian at DEZ Tactical Arms, AAG Defense Solutions, and Mark at EZ2C Targets. We started doing this because it was fun to hang out with our friends every week, the best part is, that’s still why we do it.
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
Please stay under 5 minutes for your gear.
Going forward, please announce whether you have used the product and whether it’s from a sponsor first.
- Aaron: 1000 yrd shots
- Shawn: Half Cock’d Targets Reactive Tactical Silhouette.
- 12 x 20”
- Two swingers
- Savage1r: Shooting experience of the Canik TP9 SA
- NickLynch: CZ Scorpion EVO3
- Jeremy: Marathon seat covers
- Rhody: Polymer 80 - G150 80% lower
- Guest: New Digital Universal Ear Piece
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
Are you rifles at their full fighting capacity? Do you have any idea how many options are available for your rifles? Whether it’s the AK, Tavor, AUG or AR platform, Manticore Arms has you covered.
Whether you’re defending your store from looters or shooting at the range, Manticore arms has you covered.
When the home invaders break down your door in the middle of the night, Manticore Arms has you covered.
When you go home with the lady at the bar at 1:50am, Antibiotics have you covered.
When your Tavor looks kind of cool but you want it to look Arnold Schwarzenegger holding Scully over a cliff with his weak arm cool, Manticore Arms has you covered.
Manticore Arms, they have you covered.
Visit them at www.manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
Tavor curved buttpads are in stock and ready to order.
We have a very special request, we want you to tell Manticore Arms how much you appreciate them supporting the show! We want them to hear how great our audience is! http://welikeshooting.com/manticore
In addition to our amazing sponsor, our show is crowdfunded. To say thanks we do cool stuff like send patches, stickers, etc. based on levels. We are giving away a rifle and a pistol to our patrons when we hit $500 per episode.
Find out more at http://welikeshooting.com/pledge
Tool considerations, and techniques for building firearms
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- Washington Museum has to transfer firearms, what about Paul Allen? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/23/washington-state-museum-gets-11th-hour-help-to-comply-with-new-gun-law/ , http://www.flyingheritage.com/TemplateGeneric.aspx?contentId=78
- Armed black residents defend white owned store: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/26/us-usa-missouri-shooting-gasstation-idUSKCN0JA1XF20141126
User feedback and user questions
Name: Keith B
Message: Hey guys!
Hello from Maryland, the birthplace of the \"Star Spangled Banner\" and home of the Blue Crab.
I have a question about building an AR.
I recently read an article about the costs of buying an assembled rifle versus building one, and in that article, the auther mentioned that he spent some $690 just on specialized tools to build and AR.
He doesn\'t give a detailed list of the tools required, but $690 in tools seems excessive.
So my question to your panel is \"What are the minimum required special tools necessary to build an AR from scratch?\"
Assuming that the builder already has the more typical tools, like screwdrivers, wrenches, bench vice, punches, etc.
And assuming we are not starting with an 80% lower.
Thanks, and keep up the great Podcast!
Thanks to our guest!
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at email@example.com,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website - welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook
- We Like Shooting on Twitter
- We Like Shooting on Google+
- We Like Shooting on Instagram
- We Like Shooting on YouTube
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest
Don’t forget to visit our discounts page, guaranteed to get you discounts for some of our favorite companies, http://welikeshooting.com/discounts. And last but not least http://welikeshooting.com/shop for WLS swag and other products that we like.
Tactical16 and Tactical Black Firearms Charity rifles.
We apologize to Lil for bumping her this week, Next week finish your show notes on time..
Join a gun related advocacy group such as the Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA, whatever. Find one that’s relevant to your interests and join the conversation.
Veterans crisis line & suicide prevention line - 1-800-273-8255
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.