Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 62. This week we’ll talk about Cert Training, Saiga IZ132, Barska, Ares Armor, FN and Burris!
Our panel tonight
Our panel tonight consists of -
- A YouTuber with a DIY attitude, who once had to be explained the difference between an in hole and an out hole. - Savage1r
- We’re joined by Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, blogger at HeelsandHandguns.com and NRA partner, who’s irish flare is only matched by her irish wit - Lil Chantilly
- Also with us, a Former Marine and owner of Rivers Edge Tactical who once accidently used a potato as a suppository - Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker who is on the weight loss diet he calls donuts… lots of donuts - Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, Our Media contact and a person who is basically perfect - Aaron Krieger
- I’m Shawn, an instructor, reviewer, competitor and current member of the new defunct super hero group the nose whistlers,
GUEST SHORT BIO: a competitive shooter that was born without any hands he’s overcame every obstacle to where now I have problem with anything i do. He ties his own shoes, loads his own mags, you name it he can do it. Please welcome Hunter Cayll, the No Handed Shooter
- Shawn - interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron - Piece, clip, or interrupts someone!
- Anybody - WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy - I am sailor moon!
- Nick - No fatties
- savage1r - ya know, basically, kind of
- Lil - Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Guest : look mah no hands…. lol
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
Please stay under 5 minutes for your gear.
Going forward, please announce whether you have used the product and whether it’s from a sponsor first.
- Aaron: CERT Training
- Shawn: Concern Kalashnikov IZ132 with upgrades!
- 16.3” barrel
- polymer stock from CAA and handguard
- RWC Grip
- 922r compliant
- Fits 30 round magazines
- Extended mag release
- Retails for arount $1k
- Savage1r: Barska 4x Electroscope
- NickLynch: Are's Armor Are's Breath muzzle brake
- Jeremy: Mossberg 600AT
- Lil: Dana Loesch’s New Book: Hands Off My Gun
- Guest: FN SCAR 16
- Geissele Super SCAR
- Prepared solutions Kydex
- “Nub Super Loops” on all the mags
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
Manticore Arms makes Advanced Fighting Gear that can turn your rifle from something ho-hum into the ultimate badass weapon. Our parts will make you stronger, more attractive to the opposite sex, and able to wipe out cannon fodder thugs from an 80's action movie faster and with more style than anything else out there!
We want you to be awesome right now, so use coupon code WLS10 for free shipping until the end of November. Yeah, that is right, free shipping- no more excuses that the post office charges too much or your UPS driver gives you that weird “maybe he really is into that kind of fetish stuff” but is just too afraid to ask. Now you aren't even paying for that!
Visit them at www.manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
We have a very special request, we want you to tell Manticore Arms how much you appreciate them supporting the show! We want them to hear how great our audience is! http://welikeshooting.com/manticore
Just really quick, our show is crowdfunded. To say thanks we do cool stuff like send patches, stickers, etc. based on levels. We are giving away a rifle and a pistol to two lucky winners when we hit $500 per episode.
Find out more at http://welikeshooting.com/pledge
#Glocktober Thanks to Glock and GunWebsites - the packs will be (at least) a Glock Annual 2014 ($6 retail), a glock buyers guide (cool catalog) the new glock velcro patch and sticker..but working on more
This months shootout is a zombie related one called #doubletap. We are also introducing a new facet to the shootout challenge. In addition to this target, you can download a beginner target. We want you to take someone new to the range. If you do, take a picture of them and the target and we’ll send you a we like shooting sticker!
Lil’s Livefire Lounge:
Gabby Gifford’s “Protect All Women Tour” vs. Lil Chantilly’s “Let’s ACTUALLY protect all women campaign!”
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- ‘Impartial’ anti-gun ‘researcher’ David Hemenway calls anyone who carries a gun a ‘wuss’: http://www.rwjf.org/en/blogs/new-public-health/2013/01/gun_violence_liveh.html
- New poll out by NSSF says CDC shouldn’t be researching gun violence: http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com/18018/poll-gun-violence-is-a-crime-not-an-issue-for-the-cdc/
- Lawsuit to overturn the 1986 machine gun ban moves forward!: http://www.gofundme.com/fmxlnk
User feedback and user questions
Hey guys and gal. Love the show! Keep it up.
TL;DR: opportunity to get a virtually new SP2022 in 9mm. Should I get it?
I've been carrying a Taurus PT709 concealed for about a year. It's a cheap gun that has never failed me, but I've been wanting to upgrade to a double-stack 9mm from one of the major manufacturers, Glock, S&W, Springfield Armory, etc. I would love to try out the Sig P226, but since they're about $1000 they are sadly out of my price range. Upon mentioning this to my father-in-law, his eyes lit up and he ran to his giant safe. Out comes the Sig SP2022 in 9mm. He purchased about 6 months ago, shot literally 2 "clips" (I can't get him to say magazine for the life of me) through it and decided he doesn't like it. I know he'll give me a hell of a deal on a basically new firearm, but anyone had experience with them? I've been reading conflicting reports on the interwebs and really trust the panel's no-BS style.
And if you don't help me, I'll sic my murderous pet dolphins on you.
I love this show. I had an idea of you guys posting the audio of lil saying "peewww m-f-er" so I can use it as my notifications on my phone. I would do the editing of it myself using the podcast but lets face it I'm realy fucking lazy. Every time i hear it i can't stop laughing. I also was wondering what you guys thought about the remington 700 in .308? I'm only looking at them because of price.
Thanks for a great show,
Feedback hotline! 201-957-0011 or 201-WLS-0011
Hi. This is Gary. I'm watching the show and I just want to say that as Jeremy trying to be talk dynasty. And so confusing, I mean is that beard sanga Hall, what's up with that. Anyhow, ratio love listening. They, bye.
And watch the show. That's all. Anyhow, we're asking, Eric, I don't think he's gonna happen. Take Care. If it's josh. Bye bye, bye.
Hey guys, this is justin from California, and I have a very serious question for you guys I'm looking can be fine. Some body armor, but since I am 67 And I go to college. It's nothing fairly soon. Again, that idea for me to get some of the some more. You know you can see. Will more people what is out there. Do you have any recommendations. 4. Someone on my science 40, Global Mobile they will phone so. But I think it's a little wider but still conceal voice, really nice, anyway because of a good job, any help would be really nice since I've been looking for almost 6 months to having no luck. So if you guys later, bye.
Hey, I don't know where you want your money off net got together and got up. If you did show. I'm glad you did a lot of fun. Take care and keep on people out there.
Hey guys, this is salon Johnson from Appleseed. Minnesota. I wouldn't. I just want to let you guys know that crankshaft lamps Chair 7 dot a lot. Yeah HI bye. Yeah niners chicken late. Hey Nick, sick, you know about. Yeah, astro turf. Dodge Caravan hookers book. What was in the bye bye. Yeah, Avalanche sucks. Bill wild. You might be thinking that your automatic voice to text system has failed to Yes, the truth is. Yeah, I'm just an Yes. Spock, Amber extra. Yeah some other bye.
HI if you saw you article. Warren Grady, If you're missing it does, so he's gonna cost. But I just want to sleep or waiting showing that what you come. Okay, I hope, hey.
Gun related link of the week
- Nick: Facebook group Guns & Ammo: Youth Nation
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at email@example.com,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website - welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook
- We Like Shooting on Twitter
- We Like Shooting on Google+
- We Like Shooting on Instagram
- We Like Shooting on YouTube
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest
Don’t forget to visit our discounts page, guaranteed to get you discounts for some of our favorite companies, http://welikeshooting.com/discounts. And last but not least http://welikeshooting.com/shop for WLS swag and other products that we like.
We apologize to Colion Noir and Matbest11x for bumping them this week, Better luck next week fellas.
Join a gun related advocacy group such as the Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA, whatever. Find one that’s relevant to your interests and join.
Veterans crisis line & suicide prevention line - 1-800-273-8255
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.