Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 61. This week we’ll talk about the Tavor, SoCo Kydex, 45 caliber AR, Winchester Gunsmith set, Marlin Model 60, Lucid optics and the shock knife.
Our panel tonight
Our panel tonight consists of -
- A YouTuber with a DIY attitude who always yells, I GET THE TOP BUNK!. - Savage1r
- We’re joined by Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, blogger at HeelsandHandguns.com and NRA partner, who smells like roses and gun powder - Lil Chantilly
- Also with us, a Former Marine and owner of Rivers Edge Tactical who’s nickname in the Marines was Private Grabber - Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker who has the skin of an 18 year old boy going through puberty - Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, Our Media contact who leaves the seat up on life - Aaron Krieger
- I’m Shawn, an instructor, reviewer, competitor, and the only host with a tactical weave
GUEST SHORT BIO: Training facility owner, Instructor, Tim Dodd Patriot Protection - www.patriotprotection.net
RIFLE - IN HOME DEFENSE
Includes rifles, Non-Lethal Training Ammunition, and all required safety gear.
Additional requirements: Pants with belt.
- Shawn - interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron - Piece, clip, or interrupts someone!
- Anybody - WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy - I love sailor moon!
- Nick - I'm gonna rub my balls all over Shawn's drum set
- savage1r - ya know, basically, kind of
- Lil - Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Guest : OK?
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
Please stay under 5 minutes for your gear.
Going forward, please announce whether you have used the product and whether it’s from a sponsor first.
- Aaron: Tavor Ratworks suppressor
- Shawn: SoCo Kydex Competition rig
- Savage1r: .Bullpup Unlimited releases Mossberg 500 conversion stock
- NickLynch: Winchester Gunsmith Screwdriver Set
- Jeremy: Parts kits for a Marlin Model 60
- Lil: Lucid 4x-16x44 2nd FP rifle scope
- Guest: Shock Knife http://www.shocknife.com/
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
Manticore Arms manufactures Advanced Fighting Gear for all your favorite modern rifles. Whether you use the AUG, AK, AR-15, or Tavor, Manticore Arms makes the accessories you need to upgrade your rifle to its full fighting potential. Visit them at www.manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
We have a very special request, we want you to tell Manticore Arms how much you appreciate them supporting the show! We want them to hear how great our audience is! http://welikeshooting.com/manticore
- Just really quick, our show is crowdfunded. To say thanks we do cool stuff like send patches, stickers, etc. based on levels. We are giving away a rifle and a pistol to two lucky winners when we hit $500 per episode. Find out more at http://welikeshooting.com/pledge
- #Glocktober Thanks to Glock and GunWebsites - the packs will be (at least) a Glock Annual 2014 ($6 retail), a glock buyers guide (cool catalog) the new glock velcro patch and sticker..but working on more
- We don’t just love our patreons, we love everyone who’s listening. As such, we are giving away a Tokarev, courtesy of reddit user r_shackleford! All you have to do is send a we like shooting related picture to email@example.com. We’ve been posting them on Facebook and the entries are awesome!
- Shootout! http://welikeshooting.com/shootout
- This months shootout is a zombie related one called #doubletap. We are also introducing a new facet to the shootout challenge. In addition to this target, you can download a beginner target. We want you to take someone new to the range. If you do, take a picture of them and the target and we’ll send you a we like shooting sticker!
Lil’s Livefire Lounge: “Shoot Like a girl”
In 2014, they have introduced over 1700 ladies to the world of firearms!
Watch their NRA Women, Remington Sponsored New Energy video here: http://heelsandhandguns.com/2014/10/shoot-like-a-girl/
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- savag1r - NRA Starts bringing the heat to I-594 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcEWomwiwds
- savage1r - City of Seattle gives funds to illegally promote anti-gun bill I-594: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Artists-tap-grant-for-gun-violence-movie-ahead-of-November-vote-277829481.html
- savage1r - momsdemand cracktivists push swatting open carriers - http://www.nationalreview.com/article/389441/moms-demand-swatting-charles-c-w-cooke
savage1r - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6Rhut2Rwk (Hi Point Contest)
User feedback and user questions
love the show one of my highlights to my week will turn to a 5 star when savage finaly does a review on the halo red dot.
"I enjoyed hearing everyone's stories on this episode, so I wanted to share mine real quick as well. I grew up in an anti-gun household and one of my first memories was having an airsoft pistol I bought at the flea market confiscated by my mom. Some time later she finally relented a little and allowed me to try shooting guns only because she trusted our neighbor who I think did some instructing. He was an Army Ranger in Vietnam and was an overall badass, so I was pretty excited. My first experience was humbling, because before we went over all the rules and stuff he let me handle the unloaded pistol to "see how it felt" and then proceeded to point out how wrong I was (finger on trigger etc). I felt bad for failing the test, but the lesson stuck. When we finally went to the range I had a similar experience to Shaun where the first gun was a compact glock in .40, and decided from then on never to shoot one again. My first gun was a CZ P07 that I bought as a 21st birthday present to myself. By this time I had become an avid enthusiast through forums and youtube. I used to thing the new CZ was the ugliest thing ever but when I actually held one, it felt so good it started to grow on me, and plus, I didn't want a boring glock like everyone else. Best experience was probably in college, I was a member of a firearm rights and awareness club set up by the law students, and we held range days to welcome new shooters. I got to try all sorts of guns that members brought, like a garand, an ak, ars, revolvers, even a little mouse gun in .25 (which btw was the scariest of them all). They even brought old law textbooks to shoot at and we were able to recover some of the bullets. Another favorite experience was taking my GF to the range for a date, and her loving it and shooting better than me even. She also got some nice hot brass down the shirt but was a trooper about it. Worst experience? IDK I don't think I've had any. I guess the one would be earlier this year when I took my first centerfire rifle to the range. It was one of those surplus Spanish Fr-8 mausers in .308. It looked in great condition but after a box of ammo or so I noticed the brass didn't look so good, and I knew just enough to realize I had probably gotten a bad one. A lot of headaches later I finally worked it out, but it was still a sucky experience. Keep up the good work on the show! "
Feedback hotline! 201-957-0011 or 201-WLS-0011
YGHQ - Hello, this is you guys on driving, fuel truck and You're going to have some more on file. A window their time. Yes, shoot straight.
MIZR- Hey, This is Dave active of Warren Grady, if you were missing it but signage garlic box. But I just wanted to say go waiting. Shawn that way I can not get out.
JKTI- Hey guys, This is an girl. Sorry. This is Josh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I just recently started listening and I really enjoy the show it. Sounds like me and my friends and around this You know regarding each other and Talking about gone, so it's it's really good listener that work on it, pretend to punch the keys on my keyboard. Your question I have. I'm looking for a bold action. 308 rifle. I'm looking for something. 4 hiding in a little bit of target shooting something with more of a You know I tactical seem to it all black and most important thing though it is threaded barrel 4 surprise, sir I'll be putting a hey. C. If you'd emailed on it and then a 760 suppressed or so. If any you have any thoughts on that you know if I'm not able. Actually I have an AR guy, trying to just spread out a little bit and diapers. 5. My my tools. So, I'd appreciate any input. Thanks. Thank you. Bye bye reports subsist.
Gun related link of the week
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Lil: This week in guns
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website - welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook
- We Like Shooting on Twitter
- We Like Shooting on Google+
- We Like Shooting on Instagram
- We Like Shooting on YouTube
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest
Don’t forget to visit our discounts page, guaranteed to get you discounts for some of our favorite companies, http://welikeshooting.com/discounts. And last but not least http://welikeshooting.com/shop for WLS swag and other products that we like.
We apologize to Colion Noir we just really needed some us time, we’ll try to get him on next week.
Join a gun related advocacy group such as the Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA, whatever. Find one that’s relevant to your interests and join.
Veterans crisis line - 18002738255
Suicide prevention lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.