Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 54. This week we’ll talk about 6.5 Grendel, the H&K HK45, Armory Racks, WMD NiB Chassis, TNArms Lower, x-cord firestarter and the sigsauer brace. Won’t you be, please won’t you be… my neighbor.
Our panel tonight
Our panel tonight consists of -
- A YouTuber with a DIY attitude a champion for the poor who happens to be a poor champion- Savage1r
- We’re joined by Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, blogger at HeelsandHandguns.com and NRA partner who once gave Jeremy a kitten because he looked angry- Lil Chantilly
- Also with us, Former Marine and owner of Rivers Edge Tactical, who it turns out hates kittens- Jeremy Pozderac
- We can’t forget, Precision rifle and barrel maker the man who puts the gas in your piston - Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, you might even let him date your daughter Our Media contact and all around nice guy, the man who puts the piston in your gas Aaron Krieger
- I’m Shawn, an instructor, reviewer, competitor, your host and the inspiration for Chris Farley’s Fat guy in a little coat bit. Hello how are ya?
GUEST SHORT BIO:
- Gay liberal atheist Marine gun enthusiast with a large collection and some funny ideas about gun politics and an unhealthy obsession with the skeptical movement, and to this day believes the destruction of the death star was an inside job Please welcome Glen aka DocTorrFabulous on Reddit.
- Shawn - interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron - Piece, clip, or interrupts someone!
- Anybody - WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy - I need a woman!
- Nick - Brownout.
- savage1r - ya know, basically, kind of
- Lil - Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak - Any time Zak says anything.
- Rhody - wicked, freakin’, pissah
- Guest: Oh Honey, gat, tactical
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Aaron: Grendel showoff
- Jeremy: H&K HK45
- Shawn: Armory Racks
- 30-35 dollars
- NickLynch: WMD NiB Chassis available in fde and black, runs $1k - 0http://wmdguns.com/index.php/shop-now/firearms.html
- Savage1r: TNArms Dickbutt Lower
- Lil: X-Cord Firestarter Belt Buckle
- Guest: SigSauer SB-15 brace
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
Manticore Arms manufactures Advanced Fighting Gear for all your favorite modern rifles. Whether you use the AUG, AK, AR-15, or Tavor, Manticore Arms makes the accessories you need to upgrade your rifle to its full fighting potential. Visit them at www.manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
Huge summer sale on all SIG 556 parts and parts for the Tavor. Also free usps priority shipping for the rest of August!
Anyway, Sven joined us recently in episode 38 - http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/038 and you should check out that episode.
Lil’s Livefire Lounge:
Don’t have a Tupperware party, have a gun accessory party!
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- Another Mayor from MAIG gets arrested: http://freebeacon.com/issues/mayors-against-illegal-guns-mayor-charged-with-bribery/
- Ferguson situation is complicated: Family autopsy report counters eyewitnesses that said he was shot in the back/police militarization/complex racial issues - http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/michael-brown-autopsy-shows-ferguson-teen-shot-least-6-times-n182816
- All damn day shirts - http://welikeshooting.com/shirts/
- ongoing case of the woman who is currently facing prison time for carrying her Pennyslvania-licesnsed firearm in New Jersey.
Whose gun in history?
If a historic figure were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use?
This week: General George Armstrong Custer
- Jeremy: M134 Minigun, for when you’re about to be over run Not publicly available, but you beat me to it! -
- Aaron: the judge because I have no idea
- Rhody: SRM Arms 1216 Shotgun
- NickLynch: HiPoint - It didn’t really matter what he had, because he didn’t wait for the gatling guns.
- Savage1r: M114 155 mm howitzer. Stragedy. HOW THEFUCK IS THAT PUBLICLY AVAILABLE?
- Lil: He was called the “boy General”: Red Ryder BB Gun
- Shawn: THOR M375 - Advanced Long Range Interdiction System in .408 Chey Tac. they think he died from ranged rifle fire, so this puts him out of reach.
User feedback and user questions
- -Roman- (United States of America)
- Love it!
- Rating: 5 Stars
- I've been listening since the begining and a patreon since very early on and just can't get enough. You guys are all great! To bad you only have one episode a week.
- r0kawn (United States of America)
- A+, Must-Listen!
- Rating: 5 Stars
- This has quickly become my absolute favorite podcast, firearm related or not. The whole crew plays so well off of each other while still delivering relevant and topical firearms industry info. I look forward to new episodes each week and love catching the live google hangout when my schedule allows. My only complaint is that I wish it was longer! (that’s what she said?)
- Krav-Maga (United States of America)
- Good show...I guess.
- Rating: 5 Stars
- I've been listening for a while now. I'm getting a little impatient with you guys side stepping the real issue at hand! Who would win in a fight between Lizzy Borden and Anne Frank? (Consider the "never say die" attitude of a survivor)
- Bobby Partida (United States of America)
- Great show
- Rating: 5 Stars
- I listen to many shows on the firearms radio network and this is a great show, informative and very entertaining.
Gun related link of the week
- Aaron : https://www.youtube.com/user/hankstrange
- Shawn: Dom Raso’s Media Lab by NRA Freestyle.
- Lil: http://www.nrawomen.tv/home/video/love-at-first-shot-episode-03-full-rifles/list/home-feature
- Guest: http://www.topshotchris.com/blog
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Lil: PowerFactor Show
- Shawn: Guns of Hollywood - http://gunsofhollywood.com/013/
- Nick: The Reloading Podcast
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website - welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook
- We Like Shooting on Twitter
- We Like Shooting on Google+
- We Like Shooting on Instagram
- We Like Shooting on YouTube
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest
Don’t forget to visit our discounts page, guaranteed to get you discounts for some of our favorite companies, http://welikeshooting.com/discounts. And last but not least http://welikeshooting.com/shop for WLS swag and other products that we like.
We apologize to Colion Noir for bumping him again this week, we’ll try to get him on next week.
Join a gun related advocacy group such as the Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA, whatever. Find one that’s relevant to your interests and join.
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.