Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 51. This week we’ll talk about the Kahr P45, the Tact-Axe, Ruger GP100, AR-15 Gun owners of america, Limitless Gear Opfor and vinyl stickers?
Our panel tonight
As always, we have a great panel tonight, starting us off:
- A YouTuber with a DIY attitude who once put a pistol grip on a broom to make a tactical sweep of the area - Savage1r
- Former Marine, owner of Rivers Edge Tactical, once spent so much time in the desert he farted dust - Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker; is know as the fresh prince of Derriere - Nick Lynch
- Our Media contact and all around nice guy. He makes those around him look more handsome, Aaron Krieger
- I’m your host, an instructor, reviewer and competitor, I have learned the secret to never getting a hang over, never sober up, my name is Shawn and I am an alcoholic (not really)
GUEST SHORT BIO:
- Retired Army, 22 years. (7 in the US Marine Corps, 15 in the Army) Currently serving as President/CEO - AR-15 Gun Owners of America. Please welcome Chris Waltz
- Shawn - interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron - Piece, clip, or interrupts someone!
- Anybody - WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy - I once tasted poop!
- Nick - Life is a hershey highway and I am going to ride it all night long!
- savage1r - ya know, basically, kind of
- Lil - Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak - Any time Zak says anything.
- Rhody - wicked, freakin’, pissah
- Guest: what? huh? who told you that? okay, nevermind.
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
Please stay under 5 minutes for your gear.
Going forward, please announce whether you have used the product and whether it’s from a sponsor first.
- Shawn: Kahr P45
- Aaron Tact-Axe
- Jeremy: GP100 is done
- Guest: General Discussion AR-15 GOA Store products and Membership
- NickLynch: Limitless Gear OPFOR
- Savage1r: Dickbutt stickers from www.salemvynlsigns.com
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
Manticore Arms manufactures Advanced Fighting Gear for all your favorite modern rifles. Whether you use the AUG, AK, AR-15, or Tavor, Manticore Arms makes the accessories you need to upgrade your rifle to its full fighting potential. Visit them at www.manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
Manticore Arms is doing a HUGE summer sale on all SIG 556 parts! All accessories for the SIG 556 are 40% off, including Scorpion Grips, SAGE trigger guards, POST charging handles, ELSA safety levers, SRS sling mounts, and EMBR magazine release buttons.
In addition, you now can get $40 off on our Tavor ARClight forends and you no longer need to use the We Like Shooting Coupon code! Tavor ARClight naked forends are now $125 instead of the usual $165, and Fully Loaded (when back in stock) will be $185 instead of the usual $225. (FYI coupon code is no longer active)
Also, to explain the "naked" and "fully loaded" those are just our terms for "just the forend" and "with all the accessories". Think of it like Jeremy- Loaded before the show, and ends up Naked after the show. ;)
Anyway, Sven joined us recently in episode 38 - http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/038 and you should check out that episode.
They are also hosting the bullpup shoot with Ratworx on September 27th. That is a big event in Illinois that allows people to show up, check out the vendors, shoot some bullpups and other guns and there is even a zombie shoot event.
Should be a lot of fun and we are going to get a couple of people from We Like Shooting out there.
Find out more about this at http://bullpupshoot.com
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes - SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit http://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
- DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND STORE
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- Washington D.C. is now Constitutional Carry: http://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/2bx43o/breaking_dc_is_now_constitutional_carry/
- Ballsiest motherf***er in america: http://imgur.com/0PB8od6
- Bloomberg Anti-Gun/Pro-gun ad: http://gunssavelives.net/blog/video-everytown-for-gun-safety-accidentally-made-a-pro-gun-commercial/
A-arons Odds news of the week
Hunters hunted….. A team of hunters, on a mission in a Central American jungle, find themselves hunted and picked off by an unexpected predator. At this point you expect Arnold to yell, get to the chopper. But alas this is not a joke. 2 hunters on separate occasions traveled deep into the rainforest of Brazil in hopes of bagging some game. The first, a man, his 2 sons and a pack of dogs…. they found something you would not expect… a killer… a beast so powerful that it took the man in its arms and with it’s mighty claws stabbed the man to death. What is this beast? such a terror of south america. It is an anteater.
Yep it was recently reported that 2 hunters have been killed by anteaters in south america on two separate occasions.
Granted the first hunter thought he had an easy kill his quote was “if it bleeds I can kill it” so he put down his gun picked up his knife the beast stood up grabbed him and mauled him, it ran off and hid, his son commented that “You're bleeding, Dad. You're hit.” the father responded “I ain't got time to bleed.” and then the father bled out.
While the second stabbed a 75 year old hunter in the groin. Then stood over his lifeless corpse and laughed as only an anteater could.
Fk I had no idea anteaters where such dks, anyone else know this?
Gun related link of the week
- savage1r - www.salemvinylsigns.com
User feedback and user questions
28 July, 2014
TY 603 (United States of America)
Rating: 5 Stars
I work in the woods in New Hampshire on a major sugaring operation. I spend 9 hours a day trekking around trying to keep myself entertained with podcasts. I look forward to the WLS podcast every week. Funny, useful and very entertaining. Keep up the good work! Jeremy's the man.
25 July, 2014
lsutton484 (United States of America)
Rating: 5 Stars
This is my favorite podcast and i always listen to it in full as soon as it posts. this week when i found out i didn’t win the rifle I turned it off and cried for a while. when it came back on in my playlist on friday it was like a bonus episode.
nrubino (United States of America)
Best show ever. Unicorn
Rating: 5 Stars
Def my favorite firearms podcast. Keeps you laughing the whole time. Well, some of the time. They've been referred to as the Howard Stern of firearms and I can see how. Looks like I missed the shirt by one person but oh well. Why is Jeremy such a douche?
24 July, 2014
DogmaSux (United States of America)
Too much childish blather
Rating: 3 Stars
When this bunch actually gets down to talking about a topic, it can be interesting, but much of the time is taken up with juvenile insults and sexual insinuations. Fun for them, maybe, but not so much for the listener
23 July, 2014
Double R in SC (United States of America)
Epic Podcast - 100th REVIEW!
Rating: 5 Stars
Hands down my #1 favorite podcast. The podcast is composed of a diverse cast of characters that typically blend nicely together, while keeping their guests on their toes…or just awkwardly silent. Together the information they deliver and discuss each week spans the gambit of firearm topics, and is a nice mix of current events, new products and industry relevant companies . I have been listening since the early teen episodes, and these guys (and Lil) just keep getting better with age. Sometimes they can make you cringe more than licking that quarter you picked up off the truck stop bathroom floor, so don’t get your panties in a twist…you have been warned this is not an all ages show (NOT kid / carpool safe: alcohol, mostly language, occasionally mature topics). So head out to the front porch, pop a cold one, and kick back and enjoy the show as if you were just hanging out with your old shooting buddies. Keep up the great shows guys!
We have assembled a nice list of discounts for our listeners!
Targets from EZ2CTargets, Package from Blackcrow KT, Rivers Edge Tactical, Offhand Gear, Kenaz Tactical Group, JessPens, Manticore Arms, Overwatch Holsters and AR15 Gun Owners of America
NEW - AR15GOA.COM - 15% off your total order with checkout code “welikeshooting” (all lower case) now thru Aug 7th.
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Shawn: Guns of Hollywood
- Aaron: This week in guns
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website - welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
We apologize to Colion Noir for bumping him again this week, we’ll try to get him on next week.
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.