Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 28, this week we’ll talk about building AR’s, Aero precision lightweight lower receiver, ammunition manufacturing, building a 1911, the ITS Tactical Medical ETA Kit and Wilson Combat barrels.
Links to our guests and panelists:
Our panel tonight
We are joined by
- Savage1r - A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects Savage Once made out with a woman dressed like a man who turned out not to be a woman at all dressed like a man. I did the welikshooting challenge!
- Lil Chantilly - Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com Is an offical Navy Pinup Girl and can be seen painted on the side of several bombers.
- Aaron - Law enforcement marketing and Media contact for WLS. Is like the fat version of Elvis… after he died We like shooting Competition, shooting today badger m22
- Jeremy - Former Marine, instructor, competition winner, owner of River's Edge Tactical in Ohio. Has a blood type of Diet Dr Pepper and Schlitz DOING IT BETTER
- Nick - Nick spends his day making high dollar rifles and barrels writes Charles Darwin fan fiction. DOING IT BETTER
- Shawn - I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor. winner of the 1998 world champion bum fights not to be confused with people fighting bums, but actually fighting with your bum. DOING IT BETTER - loaded my first 200 rounds of 9mm after a successful test.
Guest bio: Rich is the genius behind the legendary YouTube channel GunTortureTests, a gunsmith, FFL/SOT, and is in the process of starting his own ammo manufacturing company. He’s prior military and former law enforcement, is a pistol, carbine, and precision rifle instructor, and a competitive pistol shooter. He’s also a wizard, Harry, and believes that any man who wears a flat-brimmed ball cap should be castrated with a dull soup spoon. Rich used to have a flat-brimmed ball cap… and testicals
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn - interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron - Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody - WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy - I hate all of you
- Nick - poop dollar
- savage1r - ya know, basically
- Lil - Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak - Any time Zak says anything.
- Rich: Beard
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: My AR that I assembled.
- Savage1r: Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston .177
- Guest: Arrowhead update., and WTF is that abortion that Aero published pictures of?
- NickLynch: 1911 Project
- Lil: ITS Tactical Medical ETA Kit
- Aaron: Wilson Combat 204
What you might have missed on We Like Shooting.
- Nick spent a weekend with NEMO Arms shooting their .300 WinMag OMEN
- Rhody published a masterful video on SafeGuard Armor
- I posted a fun review on Pivothead Wearable Imaging
We also posted videos on youtube covering:
Go check it out at welikeshooting.com and youtube.com/welikeshootingvideos.
This segment is for us to talk about things and stuff going in the gun world. Panelists, Vent away.
- Savage1r: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/02/17/bloomberg-latest-stats-on-school-gun-violence-ignore-reality/ - made up stats to scare people
- savage1r: http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/14/news/companies/guns-ammo-sales/index.html?hpt=hp_t3 - gun sales down
- Rich: OK House Bill 2461, forcing CLEO’s to sign off on NFA paperwork within 15 days. http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2013-14%20INT/hB/HB2461%20INT.PDF
- Rich: Also, George Zimmerman is a retard
Industry News News or anything else going on
- Aaron: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/14/Wyo-lawmaker-proposes-firing-squads-for-execution
- NickLynch: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/02/chris-dumm/snipers-hide-sued-by-tacticalrifles-net-over-negative-forum-post/
We don’t want to hear you talk, lets see what you’ve got. It’s pretty simple; Download the official target at WeLikeShooting.com/shootout, shoot 5 shots from 7 yards, best group wins.
You may think you have what it takes, but lets see you put your balls where your mouth is… Wait, what? We want to see you film it, take pictures, whatever and submit it to WeLikeShooting.com/shootout, we’ll post it on our site and social media and the best group wins bragging rights.
Pistols and Centerfire cartridges only.
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two. Guest please pick one and put your choice on that line.
This week: Alf
- Willie Tanner: Aaron model 870 special purpose marine magnum 12 gauge
- Kate Tanner: Shawn: Colt detective special. Majored in art history but was a realtor. Appreciates history but understands the dangers of her profession.
- Lynn Tanner: Lil: ALF was always trying to get Lynn to be more extroverted, but she was pretty shy. So, finally - he decided to go with her strengths and taught her to be a sniper. She now has a Ashbury Precision Ordnance in .338 Lapua. No one bothers her anymore about being introverted.
- Brian Tanner:
- ALF: Savage1r - Beretta Neos Carbine .22lr. He’s an alien, he needs a space gun
- Trevor Ochmonek: Nick - Jiminez JA22 (he's cheap and he takes people's food).
- Raquel Ochmonek:
Gun related link of the week
- Lil: CSTactical.com
- shawn: http://youtube.com/user/walkerarmory
- Aaron: http://guardianofvalor.com/
- savage1r: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/
User feedback and user questions
I just had to start off by telling you guys that as a someone who just bought their first firearm and thought about making firearms a little side hobby, you\'ve made not only the entire industry so much more approachable and less intimidating but now firearms have become a new passion for me. I even just finished building the lower for my AR15 all by myself. So thank you for that. My question was that I just heard about this service for gun owners in Texas called \"Texas Law Shield\" and wanted to know if you knew a similar service for California residents like myself?
- Second defense alliance: http://myseconddefensealliance.com/
- Second call defense - Call Robert at http://kenaztacticalgroup.com
- Buradori.j - Informative and entertaining to say the least!
- MFZuber3 - A combination of Gun Talk, The Brady Bunch and Blazing Saddles!
- Steven S. - Lil, will you marry me?
- Spocahpanar - Thanks to Savage for putting me on to this. It is the perfect blend of hijinks and humor while providing a quality informative show. You include a host of talent and experience including the FFL, the gunsmith, the lady shooter, the bubberizer and the competition shooter as well as special guests. I really like the whose gun segment.
New giveaway! Answer the question of the week. Go to welikeshooting.com/question, every week we’ll randomly select a winner from the responses and give the person that left it a free t-shirt.
Question of the week: What is your favorite AR-15 stock
Practically Tactical giveaway - bit.ly/andrewsleather
Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
You can also check out our store at welikeshooting.com/store, stickers, paracord bracelets and camera mounts
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website.
Please email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website - welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
Check out WeLikeShooting.com for great reviews, tips, tricks, videos. The quicker we become Millionaires the quicker we replace Aaron with Brian Posehn
What shows to listen to on FRN
- savage1r: Tactical Paradise
- Lil: Precision Rifle Podcast - reloading
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.