Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 25, this week we’ll talk about DEZ Tactical rifles, AR builds, PRP triggers, Redfield, TUFF products and Tac-Con triggers.
Links to our guests and panelists:
Our panel tonight
We are joined by:
- Savage1r - A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects. Savage shoots the same way he pees, sitting down
- Lil Chantilly - Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com has more facebook friends than Mark Zuckerberg
- Aaron - Law enforcement marketing specialist, former director of logistics and media contact for WLS. Winner of 3 toughman contests
- Jeremy - Former Marine, instructor, competition winner, owner of River's Edge Tactical in Ohio. Once shot the spots off a dalmatian at 600 yards. ASPCA filed charges and Sarah Machlachlan is filming another commercial.
- Nick - Nick spends his day making high dollar rifles and barrels and enjoys Mario Brothers Cosplay as Princess Peach
- Shawn - I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor. I was a stunt double for Dumbo.
- TacticalNoob42 loves all things tactical and making a fool out of himself (well you’re on the right show). Noob once ate 7 bullets and instantly became a felon in New York.
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn - interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron - Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody - WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy - I hate all of you
- Nick - poopachini alfredo
- savage1r - ya know, basically
- Lil - Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak - Any time Zak says anything.
- Tactical Noob - ummm , fireballs
Doing it better!
What have we done lately in guns, outdoors and gear?
- Aaron: Indoor Range and Brass issues
- Guest: just picked up a M92 pap AK pistol cant have Mattv2099 out do me.
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: DEZ Tactical CS-1 series rifle.
- Aaron THE BUILD
- Jeremy: PRP Trigger Kit
- Savage1r: Gear I won from HrntFixr’s contest
- NickLynch: Redfield Accelerator - http://www.redfield.com/accelerator/
- Lil: Taclett Jr. From TUFF Products
- Guest: The New Tac-con Trigger.
This segment is for us to talk about things and stuff going in the gun world. Panelists, Vent away.
- Savage1r: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z866foa2t9c Ruger/S&W out of California - microstamping
- Aaron: http://libertycrier.com/san-diego-gun-store-under-attack-for-first-amendment-right/
- Shawn: Via listener, Bryan C. - Recently, Slide Fire put up a billboard here in Harrisburg for the upcoming NRA Great American Outdoors Show. It's created quite the buzz in the area and i thought you might enjoy. Here is a link to an article about it, http://www.pennlive.com/living/index.ssf/2014/01/any_discussion_makes_an_advert.html#incart_river_default
- Guest: That damn ghost gun http://youtu.be/wgDQhKYtYjc
News or anything else going on
- Guest: ATF e forms http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/08/foghorn/atf-now-accepting-electronic-forms-for-nfa-transfers/
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two. Guest please pick one and put your choice on that line.
This week: Gilligan’s Island
- Gilligan - savage1r - A carved wooden gun the skipper gave him to make him feel important
- Jonas 'The Skipper' Grumby Aaron, flare gun
- Thurston Howell III NooB, snub nose 38 special with only one round
- Mrs. Lovey Howell Jeremy: Diamond encrusted PPK, with real mother of pearl grips and gold sights.
- Ginger Grant - Nick - nickel plated derringer with ivory grips strapped to her thigh (high maintenance, not much of a threat)
- Professor Roy Hinkley - Shawn - TP AR 556
- Mary Ann Summers -- Lil - Remington 700 Hunting Rifle
Gun related link of the week
- Nick: gatfacts.com
- TacticalNoob42-type 53 mosin videos we already cover the ghost lower ill just plug the new vids if thats ok
- Lil - http://www.thebangswitch.com/author/matt/
User feedback and user questions
Please forgive me if you have already covered this but I am looking for a new holster, my daughter stole my PJ Holsters Kydex holster. So, there are lots of kydex holsters out there and it’s really hard to figure out why one is better or worse then the other. It would be nice if someone tried out 3 to 5 of them and did a comparison? I know I have learned that the Kydex holsters with linings are bad because the lining holds moisture and grit that wears on the gun but beyond that they all seem the same to me.
Keep up the great work guys, the wait between casts drives me nuts!
- Jim in Phoenix - you have a listener for as long as your show is on the air.
- Amber Dextrous - I spoke to Jeremy’s ex-girlfriend, she says their not meant to be partners but she’s hoping they can still be cousins.
- my nicknames have been taken - Jeremy, you’re kind of a dick. Keep it up, it suits you.
- Remington H - nothing better than low brow humor and firearms talk.
- Pigskin Hero - good mix of information and BS, favorite firearms podcast.
- Bukmaster2010 - Shawn: an anderson AR with a gizzel trigger. Aaron: a hi-point cf380. Jeremy: a gun that will not shoot because he blew the receiver and can only buttstroke and muzzle thump. Lil, knights SR-25. Nick, that homemade rotary shotgun. Savage: that duct tape cannon from mythbusters. Rhody and Zal, a fight to the death for a keltec.
- UT steve - the first time I listened I thought these folks were crazy and wondered why anyone would listen to all the irreverent ravings. However I gave it another try and they began to grow on me, kind of like a fungus. But penicillin is made from something like that and it’s good so give these guys and lady a listen.
- BoxerMD731 - somewhat informative and funny show. The flow of the show is awesome. What a podcast should be.
- Hjalmartthetubaman - 3 STARS - due to all of the totally unnecessary and unrelated stuff like the drinking game and whose gun. too much talking over each other or the incessant laughing. I only listen because when not doing the above nonsense, they actually do have good things to say about firearms.
New giveaway! Leave us an iTunes review or email us and tell us why iTunes sucks. Either way. We’ll decide which one amuses us most every week and give the person that left it a free t-shirt.
- Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
- You can also check out our store at welikeshooting.com/store, stickers, paracord bracelets and camera mounts
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website.
Please email us questions, comments, or insults at email@example.com,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website - welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
If you like our show, please share it.. You can share http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/itunes.
Check out WeLikeShooting.com for great reviews, tips, tricks, videos. We have blackjack and hookers. Aaron: No, no we don’t. oops
Companies! We are one of the fastest growing shows on the network. Advertisers?
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Shawn: Practically Tactical
- savage1r: Handgun Radio
- Lil: Gun Girl Radio
Go check out Fat2Fit! One of our favorite shows!
Guest, please describe the show in a quick sentence.
TacticalNoob42: SUPER HIGH INTENSITY TALKING or “SHIT”
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.