Commentary on the latest firearms industry news, information and buzz. Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network. I’m your host Jake Challand from Gun Guy Radio.
Brownells helps make this show possible. Selection, Service and Satisfaction. Find it all at Brownells. Please visit thisweekinguns.com/brownells
Illinois Carry Update:
Joseph from Promise Land Firearms
The for sure answer is no. Everyone has to take 8 hrs which covers details of the law and the shooting requirements. As far as " adding previous training together" there is no explanation. We sare offering a discount price but requiring that they attend the 16 hr class unless the have documentation of the 8 hr credit. This includes military DD 214. Some instructors aren't accepting any previous training allowance due to liability. The problem with the 4 hr credits is you don't know what was taught and what wasn't. So what part of the required training can someone miss? The ISP is working on allowing the instructor to determine the "skill level" of an applicant and making adjustments in the shooting requirements. Such as have an avid shooter who regularly competes, this individual may only need to shoot all 30 rds at the 10yd line instead of wasting time doing 3 stages.
Brownells helps make this show possible. The leading supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools. Find it all at Brownells. Please visit thisweekinguns.com/brownells
Pick of week: We each choose a product to highlight (gun, accessory, gadget, etc.)
- Jake: Crossman all steel M4 airsoft trainer
- Kirsten: Y.O.U Youth Outdoors Unlimited of Washington http://www.youthoutdoorsu.org/
- Anthony: Ruger American Rimfire
Where can listeners/viewers find you guys on the web?
- Send Feedback to email@example.com
- Show notes at thisweekinguns.com
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Check out all the other shows on the Firearms Radio Network firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Please use our Brownells affilite link by going to thisweekinguns.com/brownells