This week the whole crew talks about Extreme built 2 wheelers and what prerunners actually are.
Off road podcast episode 56
On this show we cover all things off road whether you're looking for some Sunday jaunts on some fire roads or some hard core rock crawling we will cover it all. I'm your host Forrest and joining me are my fellow co hosts Steve, Bradley and Ben. How are you guys today.
have you guys done anything exciting this week or off road related.
Matt Hoffman wrote us on facebook looks like he's been a listener for a while i see that he had written Jeff and Greg. he says he 1was unsure about the show after Jeff and Greg left but he says he likes the direction the show is going. He says he would like to see the show cover topics from mild to wild. he says he loves the hardcore stuff but those days are behind him and he's more into scenery and technique with 33/35s and the ability to roadtrip if he wants.
Thank you matt for writing in we appreciate any and all feedback we are working on several topics and hopefully some great interviews with industry people very soon. Forrest and Bradley have been talking about a possible meet and greet or a gathering of some sort but that's too be determined.
Sponsor: Patriot Patch Company:
2WD Desert trucks aka Prerunners
- Where the term “prerunner” comes from
5 Things to address on a limited budget/DD
- Build a Truck that can’t outrun your safety, i.e. Rollbars/rollcages, Frame boxing and plating where its needed Don't attach roll cage ends to body panels or floor.
- 4-point and 5-point harnesses
- Mid-Travel vs Long Travel front ends
- Travel vs Flex/articulation
- Leaf sprung vs “linked” rear ends
- Don’t be so fast to ditch your sway bar!
- Coilovers, Remote Resivoir, Piggy-back, Smooth body vs Bypass Shocks
- Single rate vs Dual rate coilovers
- Remote Resivoir vs Piggy Back
- Smooth body vs Bypass shocks
- Rate 1 x Rate 2 / Rate 1 + Rate 2= Static Spring Rate
- bigger isn’t always better
- What type of terrain will you encounter (hardpack, sandy/soil, sand, silt
- Rear end
- similar to trail rigs
- Halogen, HID, LED
- Why lighting is important especially on Desert trucks
- jacks, shovels, basic tools to change tires
- Fire extinguisher
- Spare tires
- Spare parts: axles, driveshafts, U-joints
Recap/Things to remember
- What are your goals with your rig (2wd and 4wd)
- What is your budget
- Is this your DD or Toy
- Build it once build it right
Firearms Radio Network
As always we are part of the firearms radio network firearmsradio.tv