This week steve and forrest talk about things to take to play in the sand with.
Off Road Podcast Episode 57
On this show we cover all things off road whether you're looking for some Sunday jaunts on some fire roads or some hard core rock crawling we will cover it all. I'm your host Forrest and joining me are my fellow co hosts Steve, Bradley and Ben. How are you guys today.
have you guys done anything exciting this week or off road related.
Firearms radio network personalities will be at the 2015 BullPup Shoot.
come shoot some awesome guns at the 2015 bullpup shoot in mount carroll IL on sept 19 2015. go to bullpupshoot.com for more info.
Recently went out to the Oceano dunes with some friends. Looking for some advice regarding off-roading in the sand here are some of my questions I have:
- Recommended rigs and set up.
- Tire combinations and air pressures
- Towing in the sand
- Recovery options / tricks to get out of sand
- General actives at the dunes / off-road equipment at the dunes.
- Possible safety concerns
Thanks any info is appreciated!
Sponsor: Patriot Patch Company:
Main topic wheeling and camping in the dunes.
What to Ride or drive
- motor cycles
- riding in the sand on two wheels is a workout
- Lots of huge lips to get air is great
- Heavy and can be bouncy
- better grip than a motorcycle more stable
- Side by side
- takes up lots of space on trailer and expensive
- can have smooth ride and be super fast and stable
- dune buggy/ sand rail
- needs same amount of space as a fullsize car.
- can be really fast and agile and lots of suspension
- Pre runner style/ trophy truck
- very expensive and needs lots of power.
- fast and fun to hammer through whoops and bumps
- Jeeps or other off road rigs
- some rigs may be set up for other off road adventure rock crawling or mudding trucks are not always the greatest in the sand.
- Ride in comfort heater for when it's cold or ac for when it's hot.