Off Road Podcast Episode 65On this show we cover all things off-road whether you're looking for some Sunday jaunts on some fire roads or some hard core rock crawling we will cover it all. I'm your host Forrest and joining me are my fellow co hosts Steve Bradley and Ben. How are you guys today.
Has anyone done anything off road or exciting this week?
events and happenings
Wheeling' with warriors November 8th
Amazon Affiliate Link Help support the show, by clicking through our amazon affiliate link on offroadpodcast.com
leave us questions or comments at
Instagram: off road podcast
Patriot Patch Company
patriotpatch.co go check out their selection of great patches
Main Topic: Towing With Your Tow Rigs
- things to consider when buying a rig
1.what are you towing2.what does your load weigh
3.what are you hauling load type
4.trailer load or bed load
- Truck types
- ½ ton
- ¾ ton
- 1 ton
- 1 ton heavy duty's
- flat beds
- standard bed
- 4x4 4x2
- weight Ratings
- GVWR gross vehicle weight rating is the rating of vehicle passengers and gear/load
- GCVWR gross combined vehicle weight rating is the value of weight between vehicles tow rig and trailer and gear included.
- GVW gross vehicle weight is the actual weight of the vehicle when loaded
- GTWR gross trailer weight rating is the manufacturer's recommended maximum weight of a fully loaded trailer that the vehicle can handle
- hitch types
- class 1 and 2 up to 3500 pounds gross towing weight up to 350 pounds tongue weight.
- class 3 4 and 5 3500 to 12000 pounds gtw 350 to 1200 tw weight distributing hitch up to 14000 pounds gtw and 1400 tw
- commercial duty 2 ½ in receiver gtw 18000 to 20000 pounds up to 2700 pounds tongue weight
- fifth wheel type hitch weight ratings vary based on hitch manufacture and truck ratings.
- helper springs and air ride
- these options do not increase legal weight ratings
- tying your load down
- follow local and state laws for towing
- most loads over 2000 pounds require 4 separate points of connection
- make sure that your straps or chains and binders cover the weight of your load.
- automatic the old days these were not as great for towing but technology has helped allot and allowed more control over vehicle.
- manual these allow full control over engine speed and power and are more direct for less power loss.
we are part of the firearms radio network. firearmsradionetwork.tv
leave us some feedback at email@example.com also leave us some comments on iTunes our web page or on your pod-catcher app to help promote the show.
firearmsradionetwork.tv we are part of the fire arms radio network.
when off-road remember be smart be courteous be alert and as always have fun.
full show notes available at offroadpodcast.com/065