Hello, and welcome to the Reloading Podcast here on the Firearms Radio network. Tonight the guys are talking about the safety equipment needed for casting.
- Todd Senne: I'm sure you've talked about this before, but I couldn't find an episode in the archives. I have some small primer 45 ACP brass I want to reload for plinking. Can I just use the regular recipe and use the small primer instead of a large? I haven't found any small primer recipes in any of the reloading manuals I have (Lyman, Speer and Lee). Might be a good show topic. Thanks
- Safety Equipment:
- Safety glasses or preferably a full face shield
- hat (to cover neck)
- PANTS (no shorts)
- long sleeve Shirt or t-shirt with welding sleeves
- gloves (welders gloves or better)
- LOCATION is huge. Do this in a well ventilated area preferably outdoors, or at least in a garage/shed area with great ventilation.
- Exhaust fans of some sort
- dust mask/respirator
- LeadOff hand soap
Thank you for listening.
How to get in contact with us: