HGR 028 - Handguns We Wish They Would Make
This week, Ryan and some listeners discuss handguns that we wish they would make and handguns we wish they would bring back.
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Brownells helps make this show possible. Selection, service and satisfaction. Find it all at Brownells. Please visit www.handgunradio.com/brownells.
Week in Review:
- Spent most of the week working on videos from the team at SHOT Show 2014! Lots of great content is posted over at www.shotshow2014.com for your viewing pleasure! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard this past week. I did get some shooting time in yesterday and shot my friends Taurus 851 he got and the Pietta Colt Navy .44 Blackpowder.
- I did not get in any live fire unfortunately. I usually get 1 or 2 matches in a month (Steel Challenge & 3 Gun); however, I did do my dry fire drills thanks to my SIRT pistol. Everyday I basically just put the SIRT in my pocket and fire at random Post It notes around the house (stationary drills and shoting while on the move etc).
Matt: Bought a couple new handguns, a Savage Model 1905 and a Smith & Wesson Model 29.
Steve: Returned from SHOT Show which was completely overwhelming. Attended media day at the range which was somewhat underwhelming until I visited Tac-Con which has a new “close to full auto” trigger system. Disappointed that Remington did not have the R51 available to shoot, only variations of the R1. Made a lot of good contacts for future content for the FRN.
Main Topic: Guns We Wish They Would Make:
- Glock in 7.62x25 Tokarev
- Ruger LCP in .22 LR
- Colt M1903 Reproduction
- S&W J-frame in 9mm
- Walther TPH in .22 LR that functions
- Modern reproductions of classic automatics, the Mauser C96 Broomhandle, Colt Woodsman (USFA WAS going to do this before they basically went out of business)
* S&W 929 4” pro * S&W Schofield 45 colt * S&W 940 9mm * S&W 617 PC * Ruger MK in 22 mag * repo webley and enfield revo’s
- Springfield XDM .22
- Colt Python 3”
- SIRT Springfield XD
- FnH M1900 .32 ACP (Browning design)
- Browning M1935
- Bond Arms 1911
- M&P with a decent factory trigger and M&P Shield with factory night sights
- Sig Sauer striker fired pistol, but now they have the P320
- Listen to Fat2Fit www.fat2fithq.com
- Vist the facebook page www.facebook.com/handgunradio
- Dont forget to shop Brownells! www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- * www.revo-nation.com
- * www.4x4podcast.com
As always, thank you for listening, have fun, and SAFE SHOOTING!!!