Hello and welcome to Handgun Radio! I’m your host Ryan Michad from the wilds of Central Maine, and this is your home for all the news, information and discussion in the handgunning world. This week, I spoke with Jake from U.S. Armament Corp about their classic firearm projects and the new Colt 1903 Reproductions that they are doing!
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Week in Review:
- Took a trip to the range this past weekend and got to run some rounds through a couple AK rifles, my Kahr CM9 9mm and the new CZ Scorpion EVO 3 pistol! I really enjoyed the Scorpion. It functioned really well and was very accurate. I really liked the sights that CZ sent along with them, and am looking to pick some up for my rifles. The Kahr functioned great, as was expected. There are a few videos up on the YouTube channel and on the Handgun Radio facebook page so be sure to go check those out!
- This past week, Weerd Beard and I did an episode of Gun Guy Radio discussing the FAL and the AK rifles, so be sure to check that out!
- Also, listener Mark wrote in to Handgun Radio asking about Weerd’s choice of holster. While I had him on the line, we discussed that question and recorded an answer:
Main Topic: U.S. Armament Corp and the Colt 1903 Reproduction
- How did U.S. Armament Corp get started?
- What challenges did U.S. Armament Corp face in the beginning?
- Many companies talk about their “culture” behind the scenes. What is the culture at U.S. Armament Corp?
- What firearms has U.S. Armament Corp manufactured before?
- What are some of the challenges in making reproductions of historic firearms?
- The Colt 1903 Reproduction project was VERY exciting to me (any many listeners) when I first saw the pictures from SHOT Show 2015. How did the idea of reproducing the 1903 come about?
- What challenges were there in reproducing the over 100 year old design?
- What sorts of production numbers & finishes should we expect to see with the 1903 Reproductions?
- Are there any plans in the works for future handgun reproductions? Colt 1908? Colt Python perhaps?
- Where can people find more information about U.S. Armament Corp and more info about the 1903 Reproduction project?
Thank you so much Jake for taking the time to speak with me! I’m sure the listeners will really enjoy it!
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Be sure to go like Handgun Radio on facebook and share it with your friends!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to all the great shows on the Firearms Radio Network! The Reloading Podcast!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review more awesome content! Also, if you are interested in writing reviews for the Firearms Insider, please email TJ at email@example.com
- Be sure to check out the Firearms Radio Network on YouTube!
- Check out U.S. Armament Corp on their website and their Facebook page!
Until next week, have fun and SAFE SHOOTING!