Hello and welcome to Handgun Radio! I’m your host Ryan Michad from the wild woods of Central Maine, and this is your home for all the news, information and discussion in the handgunning world.
This week, I am joined by the ever elusive Savage1R from We Like Shooting and Reddit fame to discuss the inexpensive and notorious “Ring of Fire” guns!
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Please check out the Patriot Patch Company for their Say When patches and other high quality items! Visit www.patriotpatch.co for more information!
Week in Review:
Savage what have you built lately?
Hows the pistol/shotgun working out?
Main Topic: Ring of Fire Guns with Savage1R
When you hear the term Ring of Fire guns, you generally tend to think of guns like the Lorcin, Jennings, Bryco etc. These guns could also be considered what was known as “saturday night special” guns; inexpensive, cheaply made firearms that would work but are not of high quality.The term “Saturday night special” came into wider use with the passing of the Gun Control Act of 1968. The act banned the importation and manufacture of many inexpensive firearms, most notably a large number of revolvers made by Röhm. With importation banned, a number of companies in the United States began production of inexpensive handguns, including Raven Arms, Jennings Firearms, Phoenix Arms, Lorcin Engineering Company, Davis Industries,Arcadia Machine & Tool, and Sundance Industries, which collectively came to be known as the “Ring of Fire companies”.
Characteristics of a Ring of Fire Gun
-Generally straight blowback
-Some dubious safety feature
My Experiences with Jennings
-Mine has been reliable somewhat, but needs a new extractor spring because it has failures to extract
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Be sure to go like Handgun Radio on facebook and share it with your friends!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to all the great shows on the Firearms Radio Network! The Reloading Podcast!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review more awesome content! Also, if you are interested in writing reviews for the Firearms Insider, please email TJ at email@example.com
- Be sure to check out the Firearms Radio Network on YouTube!
- Savage where can people find you?
Thank you both for coming on the show!!!!
Until Next Week, Have Fun and Safe Shooting!!!!!!