Hello and welcome to Handgun Radio! I’m your host Ryan Michad from the wilds of Central Maine, and this is your home for all the news, information and discussion in the handgunning world. This week, I’m joined by Weerd Beard to discuss some of our favorite things we heard about at SHOT Show 2015 as well as some of the top Concealed Carry myths & mistakes!
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Week in Review:
- - Sorry about the missed week last week! I am slowly getting better but my voice is still not 100%. Thank you all for your kind words and for being understanding about the show not releasing.
- Ian over at Forgotten Weapons has a great writeup on some of the guns that he saw at SHOT Show 2015 and THERE IS A COLT 1903 REPRODUCTION! $1,395 MSRP though =(
- Really loving the introduction of the new Scorpion EVO 3 from CZ
- Here is the first announcement! For all of you Handgun Radio listeners who will be going to NRA Show 2015 this year in Nashville, I WILL BE THERE! I am covering the show for the Firearms Radio Network, so be sure to message me on the Facebook page and we can meet up. Also, I’m sure we will try for a listener meetup somewhere around the convention center so keep an eye out on the Facebook page for more information!
Main Topic: Concealed Carry Myths & Mistakes
We all have heard the old sayings that everyone repeats in the gun shop, here’s some of them
- Everyone can see my gun while I’m carrying it OR everyone knows I’m carrying.
- I can’t carry a large gun because I can’t conceal it.
- I don’t need to buy premium defensive ammo, I can just carry ball ammo.
4) Semi-autos will Jam and Revolvers will work 100%
5.) I don’t need to carry a spare magazine or speedloader; If I can’t get it done in X rounds, I can’t get it done.
6. My Gun came with a holster! I’m all set to carry now!
7.) I carry my gun but I’ll just use it scare an attacker; I don’t want to shoot someone
8.) I carry my gun chamber empty because I’m afraid it will go off. (Link shows what can happen)
9) I’ll Just carry in my car! Also I don’t need to carry when I’m at home
10.) If I carry a gun it will make me ten feet tall and invincible!
- Be sure to support our sponsor Caliber Coffee by www.calibercoffee.net or clicking the banner on the right hand side of the page for more information and to place an order!
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Be sure to go like Handgun Radio on facebook and share it with your friends!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to all the great shows on the Firearms Radio Network! The Reloading Podcast!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review more awesome content! Also, if you are interested in writing reviews for the Firearms Insider, please email TJ at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to check out the Firearms Radio Network on YouTube!
- Listen to/read Weerd Beard over at Weerd World and The Squirrel Report and The GunBlog Variety Cast
Until next week, have fun and SAFE SHOOTING!!!