Hello and welcome to Handgun Radio! I’m your host Ryan Michad from the wilds of Central Maine, and this is your home for all the news, information and discussion in the handgunning world.
This week, I’m joined by Matt to discuss big-bore revolvers and why we like shooting them!
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Week in Review:
Ryan: -The Glock UAT Trigger review should be out this week! Sorry about the delay, with the holidays I have been backed up with a bunch of stuff.
-It appears that Remington is introducing three “new” pistols at SHOT Show 2015 this year.
- It also appears that Glock is introducing three new models as well.
Matt: not much, surgery pretty much took me out for a few weeks. Did get some bonded Ivory grips for the 29 for a sorta Keith clone. I also got some Hogue extreme g10 grips for n frame round butt revo’s. On my 625 pc now. Look and feel great but still need to see how they feel shooting.
Main Topic: Exploring Big-Bore Revolvers
Big-Bore revolvers have been around for years. From humble blackpowder beginnings in 1872 with the .45 Colt, big-bore revolvers have cemented their place in defensive handgun and handgun hunting history. The legendary lawman Frank Hamer was known to carry a .44 Special S&W Triple Lock, and the .45 Colt was long used by the United States military up until the early 1900’s and even a little bit past that on a more limited scale. For this week’s main topic, we will be focusing on the “lower” end of the big-bore revolver world, and will refrain from discussing the massive .50 caliber cartridges. We will focus on the .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt, .454 Casull and the new .460 S&W Magnum.
- Be sure to support our sponsor Caliber Coffee by www.calibercoffee.net or clicking the banner on the right hand side of the page for more information and to place an order!
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Be sure to go like Handgun Radio on facebook and share it with your friends!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to all the great shows on the Firearms Radio Network! The Reloading Podcast!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review more awesome content! Also, if you are interested in writing reviews for the Firearms Insider, please email TJ at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to check out the Firearms Radio Network on YouTube!
Until next week, have fun and SAFE SHOOTING!