Hello and welcome to Handgun Radio! I’m your host Ryan Michad from the wilds of Central Maine, and this is your home for all the news, information and discussion in the handgunning world. This week, I am joined by the one and only Average Joe of Average Joe’s Handgun Reviews and the Gun Nation Podcast to discuss the handguns manufactured by CZ!!!
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Week in Review:
Ryan: Did some more testing with the Lone Wolf Ultimate Adjustable Trigger, review will be coming up soon!
Shot a nice Remington 514T .22 single shot. It was strange, the rifle was almost hearing safe and it is unsuppressed. We were using standard velocity bulk pack ammunition and it wasn’t even cutting out our electronic earmuffs. Weerd Beard has a theory as to why this is and has made a great blog post explaining it, there is a link in the show notes.
Thank you to all the people who liked the Facebook page! We are up to 316 as of tonight so keep it going! I posted some short videos of me shooting the Ruger SR-22 Suppressed so go check those out as well!
Main Topic: CZ Handguns
Being a longtime listener of the Gun Nation podcast, I have noticed that Average Joe does some really great reviews of many different guns. I noted that AJ has a particular affinity for the CZ brand of handguns. I had a listener recently send me a message asking for me to discuss the CZ brand of handguns on the show. Since I have little to no experience in shooting CZ handguns, I thought that AJ would be the perfect person to discuss them!
What got you interested in the CZ line of handguns?
Which ones have you shot? Reviewed?
What makes the CZ handguns different from your traditional handguns out on the market?
The slide riding on rails on the inside of the frame seems to be one of the most distinguishing features of the CZ lineup. In your opinion, what are the advantages & disadvantages of this system?
Has CZ ever produced a handgun that you did not particularly care for?
Does CZ offer any sort of custom shop like many of the other manufacturers?
Other than aesthetics and personal preference, why might someone choose a CZ handgun over some of the other offerings out there?
Most CZ handguns use an external hammer, with one of the exceptions being the CZ 110 which was striker fired. Did you ever get a chance to handle one of those? If so, how did it stack up to the other CZ offerings?
What gun would you like to see CZ come out with next?
Obscure/Non-Existent Gun of the Week
This is the segment where we get to pick a gun that is either really obscure or one that doesn’t exist that we would like to see made. I know Average Joe’s main pick would be a Colt Model M 1903 Pocket Hammerless in 9mm (also a favorite of mine). So here are our picks for the week!
Ryan: I’ve been wanting a Ruger LCP in .22 LR for a long time (hint hint Ruger) But I would also love to see the little SR-22 in 9mm. I really like the feel of the SR-22 and I think they could make it a 9mm without lengthening the grip all that much. Would be a great little trail gun.
- Be sure to support our sponsor Caliber Coffee by www.calibercoffee.net or clicking the banner on the right hand side of the page for more information and to place an order!
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Be sure to go like Handgun Radio on facebook and share it with your friends!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to all the great shows on the Firearms Radio Network! The Reloading Podcast!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review more awesome content! Also, if you are interested in writing reviews for the Firearms Insider, please email TJ at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to check out the Firearms Radio Network on YouTube!
- Visit Average Joe over at Average Joe’s Handgun Reviews and The Gun Nation Podcast!
Until Next Week, Have Fun and SAFE SHOOTING!!!!!!