HGR 067 - A Discussion with Evil Roy & Cowboy Action Shooting Hello and welcome to Handgun Radio! I’m your host Ryan Michad from the wilds of Central Maine, and this is your home for all the news, information and discussion in the handgunning world.
This week, I am joined by Evil Roy to discuss his experience with firearms and his activities in Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS)
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Week in Review:
- Besides liking the Handgun Radio Facebook page, there is a page by William Bell called “The Firing Pen”. It is a fantastic Facebook page where Mr. Bell posts great pictures of old handguns you don’t often see. I highly recommend you go check it out! Link is in the show notes.
- Started my recording off several days ago with a delicious cup of the .50 Cal Dark Roast coffee from Caliber Coffee! They are a great company that produce a top quality product! Definitely go check them out!
-This is your last week to enter the Werkz Holster Giveaway! There is a little less than a week until the drawing so be sure to get those entries in! You have until Monday, October 27th at 5:00 PM to enter the giveaway! You MUST do two things. First, Go leave a review on the iTunes page for Handgun Radio. Second, Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your iTunes reviewer name, and your email and real name, so I can enter you in the contest and contact you if you win. The winner will receive a coupon code that will allow them to choose one holster from the many selections available over at Werkz Holsters. The holster will come in black kydex, and the coupon will cover shipping costs. Any additional options desired will be the responsibility of the winner. Good Luck!
That about wraps up the week in review so we will head into the main topic, a discussion with Evil Roy and Cowboy Action Shooting!
Main Topic: A Discussion With Evil Roy & Cowboy Action Shooting
1.) What got you started in the firearms world? Was it a personal enjoyment of firearms or something that was part of your employment, etc?
2.) What interested you about Cowboy Action Shooting?
3.) Few competitive style shooting sports have so many different aspects to it, what do you feel is the most important aspect of Cowboy Action? The clothes? The rules or stages? The guns?
4.) What sorts of handguns can folks use in a Cowboy Action match?
5.) What sorts of long guns can folks use in a Cowboy Action match?
6.) What are the ammunition requirements/restrictions for a Cowboy Action match and does that limit you in any way?
7.) Is Cowboy Action more about precision or more about speed and smooth target acquisition?
8.) In what way are your handguns modified to be used in the matches you participate in?
9.) Are there matches that use more modern firearms, like the "Wild Bunch" matches?
10.) What do you see as the future of Cowboy Action? More side matches like the belly gun matches or Wild Bunch matches?
Obscure Gun of the Week:
Ryan: I would love to see Smith & Wesson reintroduce the I-Frame guns and manufacture the Model 30. The I-frame was a bit smaller than the J-frame and the Model 30 was chambered in .32 S&W Long. Produced from 1948 to 1976, all the examples I have seen were very nicely finished and felt great in the hand. I am a big fan of the .32 caliber handguns & cartridges and it would be nice to see a resurgence of those, particularly in the revolvers.
- Be sure to support our sponsor Caliber Coffee by www.calibercoffee.net or clicking the banner on the right hand side of the page for more information and to place an order!
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Be sure to go like Handgun Radio on facebook and share it with your friends!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to all the great shows on the Firearms Radio Network! Power Factor Show!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review more awesome content! Also, if you are interested in writing reviews for the Firearms Insider, please email TJ at email@example.com
- Be sure to check out the Firearms Radio Network on YouTube!
- Visit Evil Roy at Evil Roy Shooting School
- HOLSTER GIVEAWAY! Write a Review of the show on iTunes and then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your reviewer name and I will enter you in the giveaway contest. Winner will be announced on Episode 068. Enter by Monday October 27th 2014.
Until next week, have fun and SAFE SHOOTING!