Hello and welcome to Handgun Radio! I’m your host Ryan Michad from the wilds of Central Maine, and this is your home for all the news, information and discussion in the handgunning world. This week I am joined by Trevor Baucom, a shooter with Team Smith & Wesson and a promoter for the Honored American Veterans Afield (HAVA) organization to discuss his career and his life in the shooting world!
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Week in Review:
-Please remember there is the Werkz Holster giveaway still going on! You have until Monday, October 27th at 5:00 PM to enter the giveaway! You MUST do two things. First, Go leave a review on the iTunes page for Handgun Radio. Second, Email me at email@example.com with your iTunes reviewer name, and your email and real name, so I can enter you in the contest and contact you if you win. The winner will receive a coupon code that will allow them to choose one holster from the many selections available over at Werkz Holsters. The holster will come in black kydex, and the coupon will cover shipping costs. Any additional options desired will be the responsibility of the winner. Good Luck!
-Got to do some testing of my Werkz Orgin Holster for my Sig-Sauer P226 this past weekend. There is a video over at the YouTube page, go check it out! It performed flawlessly!
-Also got a IWB Minimalist kydex holster for my S&W Model 60. Looking forward to some carry this winter with that setup!
Lets get right into the discussion with Trevor about his career and experiences in the shooting world!
Main Topic: Trevor Baucom of Team Smith & Wesson & HAVA
- Can you tell us about your life & firearms experience leading up to your involvement with Team Smith & Wesson and Honored American Veterans Afield (HAVA)?
- Can you tell us a little bit about what HAVA is?
- What is it like to be a shooter on a team for the Smith & Wesson company? (I wish I had that opportunity!)
- What challenges did you encounter and overcome being a shooter who had a disability?
- Has being active as a shooter helped in other aspects of your life and career?
- Many people who have a disability can oftentimes focus on what they are “unable” to accomplish due to their disability. What sort of advice would you give those people?
- What is your gear setup for your shooting sports that you participate in?
- Do you work with other organizations to promote the shooting sports for disabled individuals?
- What are your future plans, do you have any upcoming events you would like to share with the listeners?
Obscure Gun of the Week:
Ryan: I would like to see Savage reintroduce the 24F, an over under 20 gauge/.30-30 break-action rifle/shotgun, in a lot more calibers. A 12 gauge/.308 combination would be spectacular!
Trevor: Smaller Pistols chambered in 5.7x28mm
- Be sure to support our sponsor Caliber Coffee by www.calibercoffee.net or clicking the banner on the right hand side of the page for more information and to place an order!
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Be sure to go like Handgun Radio on facebook and share it with your friends!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to all the great shows on the Firearms Radio Network! Power Factor Show!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review more awesome content! Also, if you are interested in writing reviews for the Firearms Insider, please email TJ at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to check out the Firearms Radio Network on YouTube!
- HOLSTER GIVEAWAY! Write a Review of the show on iTunes and then email me at email@example.com with your reviewer name and I will enter you in the giveaway contest. Winner will be announced on Episode 068 so you have three weeks!
- Reach Trevor at trevorbaucom.com
Until Next Week, Have Fun and SAFE SHOOTING!!!!!