HGR 054 - Owning & Running a Gun Shop with Jeremy Pozderac of Rivers Edge Tactical Hello and welcome to Handgun Radio! I’m your host Ryan Michad from the wilds of Central Maine, and this is your home for all the news, information and discussion in the handgunning world.
This week, I am joined by Jeremy Pozderac, the proprietor of Rivers Edge Tactical in Ohio to discuss what takes to start and run a retail firearms business!
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Brownells helps make Handgun Radio possible. Selection, service, satisfaction. Find it all at Brownells! If you are doing any shopping with Brownells please use our affiliate link www.handgunradio.com/brownells to help support the show!
Week in Review:
- Did some clay pigeon shooting this weekend. I don’t spend a lot of time with shotguns so it was nice to get back behind one and see how well I did. Only missed a few clays!
- Looking into picking up one of the North American Arms semi-auto pistols in .380. I’m looking for a summertime pocket carry option and I like the all stainless steel construction of the NAA plus I have had great experiences with both their quality and customer service.
Main Topic: Starting and Running a Retail Firearms Business
The world of retail firearms sales & training may be somewhat foreign to most gun owners. They go to the gun store, purchase their needed items, maybe talk to the folks behind the counter for a bit and then head home or to the range. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that the average customer isn’t aware of. Jeremy is here to help shed some light on some of the hoops you have to jump through, along with some of the do’s and don’ts of the retail firearms business.
1.) What inspired/drove you to open up Rivers Edge Tactical?
2.) What sorts of obstacles did you face when you decided to open up the business?
3.) What was the most difficult part of opening up a retail firearms store? ATF Regs?
4.) Besides your basic business knowledge, what special knowledge should someone have if they want to open up a gun store/training business?
5.) Have there ever been times where you’ve had to rethink your approach to the business?
6.) What’s some of the most common safety screwups/ignorance etc. that you see in day-to-day operations in a retail firearms business?
7.) If you could tell EVERY customer of a retail firearms store ONE thing that they should remember when shopping, what would it be?
8.) How does the training side of things meld with the retail side? Easy to juggle both or hard?
New Segment: Obscure Gun We Want
This is a new segment where we pick and link to an obscure gun that we want. This is purely a “if money were no object” exercise, and maybe you (the listeners) will hear about a gun you didn’t know existed and want to buy one too!!!
Ryan: I want a Winchester 1897 PATTERN 12 Gauge shotgun that doesn’t have the propensity to break often, and does not have a trigger disconnector so you can slam-fire it like the original.
Jeremy: Mateba Autorevolver
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Be sure to go like Handgun Radio on facebook and share it with your friends!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to all the great shows on the Firearms Radio Network! Off-Road Podcast!!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review and SHOT Show 2014 coverage! Also, if you are interested in writing reviews for the Firearms Insider, please email TJ at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to check out the Firearms Radio Network on YouTube!
- Find Jeremy at Rivers Edge Tactical
Until Next week, Have fun and SAFE SHOOTING!!!!