HGR 039 - Concealed Carry Handguns
Hello and welcome to episode 039 of Handgun Radio! Im your host Ryan Michad and this is your home for all the news, information and discussion in the handgunning world! This week, I have with me Matt and Weerd Beard to discuss some popular options in concealed carry handguns.
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Brownells helps make Handgun Radio possible. Selection, service, satisfaction. Find it all at Brownells! If you are doing any shopping with Brownells please use our affiliate link www.handgunradio.com/brownells to help support the show!
We are also now an affiliate of Paladin Press! Paladin Press publishes many great books pertaining to firearms, firearms training and much more! Be sure to visit www.handgunradio.com/books for all your firearms related reading materials!
Week in Review:
- Got my Altamont Boot Grips in for my S&W Model 60. I am exceedingly happy with them! The fit it awesome and the figuring on the wood is very cool too. I am really pleased. The slick texture also helps with pocket carry. There is a video over at the youtube channel featuring them so go check it out!
- Got to do some great video & shooting this weekend with the Arcus 98 DA, the Sig-Sauer P225, the Helwan which we have talked about before and the new suppressor ready Ruger 10/22 Takedown. Really awesome guns!
- Been working on reloading so I can get a lot of shooting in this summer and also get some video for the listeners and viewers!!
* Finally got some rounds down range through the competitor. Using it for NRA action pistol Wolrd shoot, maybe Bianchi in the metallic sight division.
* trying to find some American Eagle 158gr .357 as a back up.
Unfortunetly I’m tied up with a new baby and haven’t had a chance to hit the range. Also having a baby will make you sick as a dog!
Main Topic: Concealed Carry Handguns
This episode we are going to discuss some of the concealed carry handguns that are available, both new and old, and what things to look out for with those guns.
New (or newer) handguns:
- Small 9mm handgun based upon the 1911/Colt Mustang design.
- Single action trigger pull 7.5 lbs
- 5.9” length
- 3.9” height
- 1.1” width
- Barrel length 3.0” with sight radius of 4.2”
- Weight without magazine 16.0 oz.
- Holds six rounds
- Comes with SIGLITE night sights.
- MSRP $819.00
- NOT CA COMPLIANT
- Available in 9mm or .40 S&W
- 6.1 lbs trigger pull
- 3.2” barrel length
- OAL: 6.3”
- Magazine Capacity 7 Rounds
- 0.9” width
- Sight Radius 5.4”
- Weight with empty mag 1.3 lbs
- Available in 9mm or .40 S&W
- Trigger pull 6.5 lbs
- 3.1” barrel
- 6.1” length
- 0.95” wide
- 4.6” height
- 7 round capacity
- 19.0 oz. weight
- 5.3” sight radius
- $449.00 MSRP
- Available in 9mm
- 5.5 to 7.7 lbs Trigger Pull
- 7+1 round capacity (9+1 with mag extension)
- 7” length
- 4.4” height
- 0.9” width
- Comes with 1 flush sitting magazine and 1 magazine with grip extension.
- $599 black finish $669 two-tone finish MSRP
- Available in 9mm (+p rated)
- 6+1 capacity (7+1 with mag extension)
- 3.1” barrel (polygonal rifling)
- OAL 5.42”
- 4.0” Height
- 0.90” Width
- Pistol weighs 14 oz. Magazine 1.9 oz.
- .45 ACP (+P Rated)
- 5+1 Standard magazine 6&7-round extended magazines available
- 3.14” Barrel (pi!)
- OAL 5.79”
- 1.01” Wide
- 17.3 Oz Unloaded 2oz Magazine
- $855 MSRP, $1,000 Black with Night Sights
- Chambered in .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .32 H&R Magnum (and if you’re lucky, 9mm in the 940)
- Prices run from $430 to $800 MSRP & retail.
- 5 shot capacity.
- Can be had with hammer, hammerless or with a shrouded but accessible hammer (S&W 638)
- Can be had in stainless steel, carbon steel or any of the lightweight “Airweight” materials S&W uses.
- Grip options available to fit almost any hand.
- Chambered in .380 Automatic
- 5.94” length
- 4.13” height
- 0.94” width
- 4.92” sight radius
- 3.25” barrel length
- 14.36 oz. loaded
- 5.5 lbs trigger pull
- 6 round capacity
- $409.00 retail
- Chambered in .380 Auto and .22 LR currently, and .32 in older models
- Barrel 3.3 in
- Capacity 6 Rounds .380 and .32 8 Rounds .22LR
- OAL 6.1”
- Width 1”
- Height 3.8”
- 22.4 oz unloaded
- Chambered in .45 ACP, .38 Super, 9x19mm as well as other calibers like 10mm auto and .40 S&W for other brand copies
- Barrel 4.25”
- Capacity 7+1 Flush fit, 8+1 with mag bumper, and all sorts of odd magazines available from long sticks to drums
- OAL 7.75”
- Width 0.91 inches with slim grips or across the slide
- Height 5.25”
- Weight 28 oz unloaded
- Price $500 for cast imports, the sky is the limit for custom guns!
- Available in .22 LR and .25 ACP
- 7+1 in .22 LR, 8+1 in .25ACP
- Barrel 2.4 IN
- Height 3.7 in
- Width 1.1in
- OAL 4.92 in
- 11.8 oz unloaded
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Make sure you shop Paladin Press using our affiliate link www.handgunradio.com/books for all your firearms-related reading needs!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to all the great shows on the Firearms Radio Network!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review and SHOT Show 2014 coverage!
- Last week’s winner of the Handgun Radio giveaway has not contacted me yet. It was iTunes reviewer BarrisSmurf. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can ship you your EDC tape. If you do not contact me by next week’s show I will redraw a winner.
- Thanks guys for coming on!
Until next week, have fun and SAFE SHOOTING!!!!!!