HGR 036 - Forgotten Weapons with Ian McCollum
This week, we discuss some of the more strange, obscure or forgotten weapons with special guest Ian McCollum, the proprietor of the Forgotten Weapons website!
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Brownells helps make Handgun Radio possible. Selection, service, satisfaction. Find it all at Brownells! If you are doing any shopping with Brownells please use our affiliate link www.handgunradio.com/brownells to help support the show!
We are also now an affiliate of Paladin Press! Paladin Press publishes many great books pertaining to firearms, firearms training and much more! Be sure to visit www.handgunradio.com/books for all your firearms related reading materials!
Week in Review:
- Finally fixed my S&W Model 60! Got the bolt in from Brownells and it is working great again! I also was looking for a boot grip for pocket carry, but didn’t want to spend the money (cheap, I know). I had a pair of Pachmayr Compacs with the pinky rest that I didn’t really care for. With some careful application of the bandsaw, I had a boot grip that is somewhat to my liking now!
- Also got my new belt in from Aker Leather. It is a really great belt with a polymer strip insert inside of it to make it more rigid when carrying your firearm. So far I am very impressed with the materials and construction of the belt. Look for a review once I have tested it more thoroughly.
- Astra 400 Anarchist Copy
Main Topic: Forgotten Weapons & Strange Handguns
Ian is the owner of the website Forgotten Weapons and runs a great YouTube page as well. We will be discussing his website, along with some of the more strange and weird handguns he’s seen, shot or researched.
- What got you started collecting/researching firearms?
- What prompted you to start Forgotten Weapons?
- Jo Lo Ar:
- Notable Features: Side cocking lever?
- Semmerling LM-4:
- Manually operated backup pistol in .45 ACP?
- Gabbet & Fairfax Mars Pistol:
- One of my favorite old autos; wasn’t it known for being rather difficult to shoot due to the powerful ammunition?
- Schwarloze 1908:
- Uncommon method of operation, using the ‘blow-forward’ principle rather than the more common blowback.
- Landstad 1900 Magazine-Fed Revolver:
- Similarities to the Dardick Revolver?
Anything cool coming up on FW Ian?
- Visit Forgotten Weapons and also subscribe to Ian’s FW YouTube page!
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Make sure you shop Paladin Press using our affiliate link www.handgunradio.com/books for all your firearms-related reading needs!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to Tactical Paradise on the Firearms Radio Network!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review and SHOT Show 2014 coverage!
- We are also doing the first ever Handgun Radio giveaway! We have 10 weeks worth of products for this giveaway so the way in which we conduct the contest will vary. We are giving away EDC Tape which was very generously donated by Anthony of the Firearms Radio Network. Anthony states “I came up with EDC tape after I was at a concert with my wife and her sandal broke , I thought if I only had a few inches of tape I could fix it, and the idea was born. I started making them for family and friends and realized it might be worth trying to market a few. Each roll is approx 24" of brand name duck tape. No bigger than a roll of Chapstick. Currently we are producing them in black ,camo ,and pink. Available is packs of 3 or 5 for $15-$18 at our website Edctape.com”
- This week’s giveaway and winner will be announced when the podcast version of this has been released. It will be added to the end.
- THIS WEEKS WINNER IS JEFF HADDOX, ITUNES REVIEWER. Please contact me at email@example.com or via the facebook page to claim your prize!!!
- Until Next week, have fun and SAFE SHOOTING!!!