HGR 033 - Cabot Guns: A Discussion with company President Rob Bianchin
This week, Ryan has a discussion with Rob Bianchin, President of Cabot Guns, about their product line and the great lengths they go to in order to make the “Rolls Royce” of 1911 pistols!
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Brownells helps make Handgun Radio possible. Selection, service, satisfaction. Find it all at Brownells! If you are doing any shopping with Brownells please use our affiliate link www.handgunradio.com/brownells to help support the show!
We are also now an affiliate of Paladin Press! Paladin Press publishes many great books pertaining to firearms, firearms training and much more! Be sure to visit www.handgunradio.com/books for all your firearms related reading materials!
This week, the book selection from Paladin Press is another Jim Cirillo book, “Guns, Bullets and Gunfights: Lessons and Tales from a Modern-Day Gunfighter”. Unlike the Jim Cirillo biography book we discussed last week, this book was written by Cirillo himself, before his untimely death in a car accident in 2007. The book covers many of Cirillo’s training techniques, suggestions for handgun and ammunition selections, personal stories about how his training regimen gave him the edge in gunfights, and much much more. The book is only 119 pages but it contains a wealth of information that will be appreciated by any serious student of the handgun and the defensive and fighting mindset. Visit www.handgunradio.com/books to purchase this book and many other great titles.
Week in Review:
- Just wanted to say congratulations to Jake and his wife on the birth of their newest child!
- Made several videos on the Youtube Channel. One video takes a closer look at a single-shot rolling block .22 LR pistol made by Uberti. I have not seen anything like it at gun shows or shops, and it is a blast to shoot. Go check it out!
- Went to the Ancient Ones gun show this past weekend. The Ancient Ones is a group in Central Maine where the members live like the early frontier settlers did. Keeping with that theme, the Ancient Ones show is one of the biggest shows for blackpowder firearms and accessories in the state. I saw quite a few nice fireams, and I was really impressed by a Sig Sauer P938. If I ever win the lottery and have $795, that will be my first firearms purchase. I also got to see the new PPK/s .22 LR. It looked pretty nice, but I would have to fire it to see how I liked it. It fit the hand well. Another highlight was being able to hold a vintage Sig P210. The gun felt like an extension of the hand and was a very comfortable and natural pointer. The $2,600 price tag was a bit too steep for me though. Maybe in the future!
- Main Topic: Interview with Rob Bianchin of Cabot Guns
What is your background Mr. Bianchin?
What prompted the founding of Cabot Guns?
Many people oftentimes look at brand name over quality. Cabot is a relatively new firearms manufacturer. Why should someone purchase a Cabot Guns 1911 over something like a Colt?
Cabot 1911’s are absolutely some of the finest looking and finest made 1911’s I have ever seen. Some people see the price and don’t understand WHY these guns are so expensive compared to the mass-produced type of 1911’s. What sorts of goals does Cabot Guns set for the production of each and every 1911 pistol?
How much does the location of your manufacturing facility have an effect on the materials & skilled laborers you are able to utilize?
Where do you see Cabot Guns going over the next 5 years?
Is there anything new in the works at Cabot Guns that you can tell us about?
- Dont forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link, www.handgunradio.com/brownells
- Make sure you shop Paladin Press using our affiliate link www.handgunradio.com/books for all your firearms-related reading needs!
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Listen to Tactical Paradise on the Firearms Radio Network!
- Be sure to visit the Firearms Insider for review and SHOT Show 2014 coverage!
- We are also doing the first ever Handgun Radio giveaway! We have 10 weeks worth of products for this giveaway so the way in which we conduct the contest will vary. We are giving away EDC Tape which was very generously donated by Anthony of the Firearms Radio Network. Anthony states “I came up with EDC tape after I was at a concert with my wife and her sandal broke , I thought if I only had a few inches of tape I could fix it, and the idea was born. I started making them for family and friends and realized it might be worth trying to market a few. Each roll is approx 24" of brand name duck tape. No bigger than a roll of Chapstick. Currently we are producing them in black ,camo ,and pink. Available is packs of 3 or 5 for $15-$18 at our website Edctape.com”
- WINNER THIS WEEK: iTunes reviewer Ohio 5-0. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can send the EDC Tape to you.
- THIS WEEKS GIVEAWAY: Leave Handgun Radio a review in iTunes. Visit this link and leave us an iTunes review about the show. All reviews posted between Saturday Feb 15th and Monday, March 3rd will be entered in the giveaway. The winner will be announced on the show releasing Tuesday the 25th of Feb. Get those reviews in and visit EDC Tape and support Anthony’s product. Its a really great addition to your keychain or zipper pull and will come in handy when you least expect it!!!
Until next week, have fun and SAFE SHOOTING!!!!