HGR 016 - A Former Australian’s Firearms Journey
This week, Ryan talks Glocks, NFA Items, and Firearms Freedoms with his friend John aka The Mad Aussie.
Brought to you by the Firearms Radio Network
Brownells helps make this show possible. Selection, Service and Satisfaction. Find it all at Brownells. Please visit handgunradio.com/brownells
Week In Review:
- The Firearms Insider website & community is going strong! A big thank you to all the people who have been working hard to keep the site updated and full of great content for listeners to enjoy! There are typically new reviews posted every couple days, and check out the podcasts available over at the Firearms Insider. There is the Firearms Insider Podcast with Nikki Turpeaux and the Gun and Gear Podcast with Devin. They are both doing an awesome job! Go check it out!
- The issue with the iTunes feed not showing all of the episodes of Handgun Radio has been fixed. Now the iTunes feed should show right around 25 episodes before they start disappearing off the feed. As always, you can access all of the previous shows all the way to the pilot episode by going to our website www.handgunradio.com
- The Listener Roundtable discussion is a go!! We can accommodate 10 people on a Google Hangout, so send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via FaceBook on the Handgun Radio page and let me know if you’d be interested in doing a Google Hangout discussion. It WILL air on YouTube once the Hangout is done, and will be released as an episode of Handgun Radio, so if you are uncomfortable putting yourself out there, be aware of that. We won’t use your full name so we can just stick with first names or initials if you prefer. It will be on a Saturday or a Sunday evening, as my work schedule precludes any other days. You will need a headset with a microphone to take part in this hangout. If you have ANY questions please feel free to email me! I am looking forward to it!!
- This week we will be having a discussion with my friend John who have known for several years. You may have seen him on my YouTube channel shooting guns with me or working behind the camera. John is a native of Australia who moved here many years ago and obtained his U.S. Citizenship. He has vast knowledge of many different firearms and helped me get more into guns as well as helping me to get into reloading. We will be discussing his journey through the firearms world and why he has gotten involved with the firearms that he has. If we stray from the handgun topic somewhat, my apologies.
Main Topic: John aka The Mad Aussie Interview:
1.) When did you come to the United States and obtain your citizenship? What prompted you to get involved in the firearms world?
1b.) Were there any problems purchasing firearms, passing the standard background check etc. due to the fact that you weren’t a native born American citizen?
2.) What were your first firearms once you arrived in the States? Did you have any prior experience with firearms while growing up in Australia?
3.) What prompted you to start acquiring NFA Items such as suppressors and Short Barreled Rifles (SBR’s)?
4.) Out of all the handguns you own or have owned, which one would you say was your favorite?
5.) Out of all the handguns you own or have owned, which one was the absolute worst?
6.) You have a lot of experience with Glocks. Which models do you have, which one is your favorite and why do you feel that way?
7.) You also have experience with the Glock drop-in barrels from Lone Wolf Distributors. What do they allow you to do? Have your experiences with these drop-in barrels been positive?
8.) You own several suppressors, in your experience are they worth purchasing for a handgun, and have you noticed any functioning/reliability problems in using suppressors?
9.) Looking at all firearms manufacturers, if you could ask any one of them to come out with a certain handgun design or spec out the gun yourself, what would you ask them to produce?
- I’m really looking forward to the Listener Roundtable, make sure you send me an email if you are interested. We will shoot for that to happen sometime in mid to late November.
- Be sure to check out the reviews and the Firearms Insider community over at The Firearms Insider! Share the link with your friends!
- Leave a written review on iTunes!
- Share the Handgun Radio FaceBook page with you friends!!!!
- Don’t forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link handgunradio.com/brownells
Thanks for listening and SAFE SHOOTING!!!!