GGR 190 - The MP44 in ContextWelcome to Episode 190 of Gun Guy Radio! This is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Ryan Michad and this is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
This week, I’m joined by Nathaniel F of the Firearms Blog to cover a really hot topic of discussion: the influence of the German Sturmgewehr or STG-44.
As always, please consider supporting the Firearms Radio Network by shopping Amazon using our Amazon Affiliate Link at firearmsradio.tv/amazon. A portion of your purchase will go towards helping the FRN create awesome pro-gun content!
Please check out the Patriot Patch Company and their current patches available for order: the Patriotic Flag 4 pack, the In God We Trust and The Diversity T-Shirts! Visit them at www.patriotpatch.co
Nathaniel, how are you doing?
Main Topic: The MP44 in Context
First, a little history. How did the STG-44 come into being?
- Early history of the assault rifle
- From sMP.42 to StG-44
- The Allied response: American, British, French, Russian
- Putting it in context - automatic weapons of the period, last ditch, crude
- The reputation: Deserved or no?
- StG-44 vs. AK, and the Cold War
- Exactly what is the Sturmgewehr’s legacy?
Sponsor – Patriot Patch Co
NEW FRN Patreon http://www.patreon.com/frn
SPONSOR – Ryan Cross Hunter of Design - www.hunterofdesign.com
- Remember to subscribe to us in iTunes so that you never miss a show and please leave us a review there as well. http://www.gunguyradio.com/itunes