Welcome to Episode 182 of Gun Guy Radio! This is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Ryan Michad and this is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.This week, I’m joined by Joel from Rock Island Auction Company to discuss the auction business, how it works and some of the cool & interesting firearms they get to deal with!
As always, please consider supporting the Firearms Radio Network by shopping Amazon using our Amazon Affiliate Link at firearmsradio.tv/amazon. A portion of your purchase will go towards helping the FRN create awesome pro-gun content!
Also check out the Huckleberry Patch from the Patriot Patch Company!
Joel welcome to Gun Guy Radio, it’s great to have you on the show!!!
Bullpup Shoot Announcement!
Main Topic: Firearms Auctions with Rock Island Auction Company
Most people think of buying firearms as a simple go to the gun shop and pick out what I want from the case. But what if you want a firearm that is rare, collectable & valuable and not really available anywhere else? That is where the auction house can come in.
- How did RIAC get started?
- What makes the auction process different from most other transactions?
- What special considerations are there when auctioning off firearms as opposed to other goods like artwork?
- Do you find that auctions tend to attract the high end collectors as opposed to everyday people just looking for a older firearm? (My neighbor attends auctions to purchase older, typically more beat up S&W revolvers at a decent price. They are “shooters”)
- What obstacles can someone encounter if they are looking to purchase a firearm through an auction?
- One thing you will find at auctions is typically more collectible firearms. What is the most common way for RIAC to acquire such firearms? Individual pieces or entire collections?
- I know RIAC has been known recently for selling in “batches” of guns, meaning that you may have three guns that are auctioned as a group. Do you find this attracts more bidders or do single guns tend to attract more interest?
- What are some of the coolest/most rare/expensive firearms you’ve seen come through RIAC in recent years?
Where can people find more information about RIAC and keep updated on auctions and new arrivals?Rock Island Auction Company
we actually have one in the Premiere Auction http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/65/lid/1932
Thank you so much Joel for coming on the show. It was a great discussion and I think the listeners will really enjoy it!!!
Sponsor – Patriot Patch Co
NEW FRN Patreon http://www.patreon.com/frn
SPONSOR – Ryan Cross Hunter of Design - www.hunterofdesign.com