Welcome to Episode 169 of Gun Guy Radio! This is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Ryan Michad and this is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics. When I was at NRA Show 2015, I did a video with Kevin Graham, the Co-Owner of Yankee Hill Machine. Yankee Hill Machine produces AR uppers & lowers, complete rifles, suppressors and much more. They have a long family history and I got the chance to speak with Kevin recently about the history behind the company and the products they are offering and what drives them to create such awesome products. Kevin is a great guy and it was a pleasure to speak with him!
Amazon - Be sure to shop our amazon affiliate link firearmsradio.tv/amazon, a portion of the proceeds goes to help the Firearms Radio Network create great pro-gun content like this show!
We’re into the main topic, so I’m here with Kevin Graham, the co-owner of Yankee Hill Machine, how are you Kevin?
- How did YHM get started?
- What challenges did you face when getting started?
- What did you want your focus to be on in terms of firearms when you started YHM?
- I noticed you have a huge selections of uppers/lowers and complete rifles for the AR platform. What are some of your most popular rifles and do you see people buying the complete rifles more often, or the uppers and lowers separately?
- If you could make a change to the design of the AR platform, what would you change?
- You also showcased your suppressors at NRA show when I spoke with you. Did YHM start out doing suppressors as well, or was that a market you got into once the business was fully established?
- What are some of the challenges when building & selling suppressors?
- There's a big argument oftentimes about suppressors being User Serviceable. Why might that be an important feature? Is it a sealed design? Why would a suppressor company make their can not user serviceable?
- I noticed the HB 200 Hunt Ready Rifle on your website. What does it take to make the AR platform into a decent marksmans rifle?
- Any new products coming out that you can tell us about?
Thank you Kevin for coming on, it was a real pleasure to get to speak with you. Where can people go to find more information about YHM?
NEW FRN Patreon http://www.patreon.com/frn
SPONSOR – Ryan Cross Hunter of Design - www.hunterofdesign.com