Welcome to Episode 161 of Gun Guy Radio! This is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Ryan Michad and this is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics. Amazon
This week, I had a great discussion with Scott Volquartsen of Volquartsen Custom, about how the company got started, their mission and core values for the business, their products and much more! I want to thank Scott again for taking the time out of his schedule to speak with me, and hopefully you find the discussion as interesting as I did.
We’re into the main topic, I’m joined by Scott Volquartsen of Volquartsen Custom. How are you doing Scott?
- When did Volquartsen start and how did it get started?
- What was the custom rifle/pistol game like when you first got started?
- When talking to companies, there is a focus on the core values and goals for the company. What is the “culture” behind the scenes at Volquartsen?
- Volquartsen is known for making high quality firearms, but also is known for high quality replacement parts such as triggers, custom receivers, bolts, etc. Do you find more people buying custom pieces from you directly or buying their own parts and assembling themselves?
- In your experience, what makes a good accurate/reliable rifle? What makes a good accurate/reliable pistol?
- I am really intrigued (and really like the look of) the Volquartsen Evolution rifles. What inspired you to make those?
- The Fusion Take-Down rifle is really nice looking and the concept is great. What inspired you to make that rifle and what challenges did you encounter in the design of it?
- One thing I hear talked about is making superlight, but super accurate barrels. I see fluting, carbon fiber and other materials used. What is the purpose of these modifications and what are the tradeoffs when looking for a light, but durable & accurate barrel?
- I would have to say my favorite Ruger MKIII Mod that Volquartsen does is the V6. What was the inspiration behind that pistol?
- What are some of the most common issues you see people have with the Ruger Mark series pistols? They seem to be really popular but also do have their little quirks.
- What projects does Volquartsen have going on currently or lined up in the future that you’d like to tell the listeners about?
- Where can people find more information about Volquartsen Custom?
That was a great interview with Scott Volquartsen of Volquartsen Custom. I really appreciate him taking the time to speak with me, and I definitely need to take a closer look at their line of pistols, the V-6 and the Scorpion especially. I also am really intrigued by their Evolution series of rifles, so I need to definitely look into those further.
NEW FRN Patreon http://www.patreon.com/frn
- Alien Gear Holsters $25 Gift Cards
- Werkz Holsters $25 Gift Cards
- LA Police Gear
- Duluth Trading Company $50 Gift Cards
- DUKE CANNON SUPPLY COFIELD BOX GIFT PACK
- Gun Goddess.com $25 Gift Cards
SPONSOR – Ryan Cross Hunter of Design - www.hunterofdesign.com
- Remember to subscribe to us in iTunes so that you never miss a show and please leave us a review there as well. http://www.gunguyradio.com/itunes
- Please consider joining the…
- Join the NRA
- Join the Second Amendment Foundation
- Don’t forget to check out the other shows on the Firearms Radio Network