Where are some of the Top places on the web to find gun news and information?
Welcome to Episode 107 of Gun Guy Radio! This is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Jake Challand and this is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
We are giving away the new Bond Arms “Back-up” in 45ACP!
- You get an entry for every quality Gun or Gear
- Announcing the winner on May 4th! All reviews must be submitted by April 30th
We Like Shooting - Shootout Challenge
- shoot 5 shots from 7 yards, best group wins.
- Feb 28th Deadline
- Looking for Internet interns
- HTML Java programmer
- Thesis WP Pro
- WordPress Website Optimizer (SEO)
- email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazon You can now contribute to FRN and GGR by shopping at Amazon: http://www.firearmsradio.tv/amazon
Brownells helps make this episode of Gun Guy Radio Possible
- Selection Service Satisfaction
- Find it all at Brownells
- Go to http://www.gunguyradio.com/Satisfaction
Main Topic: Top 10 Gun Blogs & Firearms News Sites
Jim: Just north of me in NH is a company that makes some interesting furniture to hide things in.
Sam: I just got my first Glock! Its a gen 4, G26, its not my first gun, but its my first Glock.
I was looking for a G19 magazine online when I noticed almost all the websites I visited kept using the phrase "high capacity" for their magazine descriptions, This offends me, because they are standard factory magazines! So I've been leaving this messages in their comment / contact us box,
" Can you guys stop using the phrase "high capacity"
They are standard factory magazines. We have enough problems with a media complex and a government that hates us for our love of the 2nd amendment, we don't need to use their "hate speech" in our everyday dealings.
Please consider this.
Stephen: I enjoyed episode 106 about handgun safes. I currently use a variety of gun vaults and love them. But the reason for this message is that I am a SCUBA diver in So Cal (Komufornia). Sound does travel 10x faster in water than it does in air.
Keep up the good work and would love to hear a show about being left (correct) handed. This would give you a chance to say ambidextrous a ton.
Tom W: I started typing this before the hearing the other persons comment. Forget the small safes everywhere and home carry. If someone walks through a door you forgot to lock, or rush in while your wife is unloading the groceries from the car, you won't enough time. I can see using a safe for the night stand, but the best way to control your firearm is to have it in your possession. You mentioned that kids will get into anything and everyone knows how creative they can be. They watch you and learn quickly. Most safes, even the bio-metric ones, come with a key backup. Where do you hide the key, in another safe? The computer industry dumped attempts to use bio-metrics for a reason. They were unreliable and easy to defeat.
I don't have kids, but I have nieces and nephews that come to the house.
When I'm home I switch from an IWB to a comfortable paddle holster. They suck for concealment, but are excellent for comfort at home. Home carry can also make you more comfortable when you conceal carry. When I got my concealed carry permit, I concealed carry at home, which made it seem more natural when I started carrying outside the home.
I carry 100% of the time where legal to do so.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Jeremy: I just started listening to week in guns a few weeks ago. This last episode I think you mentioned having a polymer lower and wanting to build a light as possible AR. Let me suggest a skeleton stock from ACE Ltd.
I built one that is super light weight... Polymer lower from New Frontier Armory…
YouTube Channel of the Week: Kirsten Joy Weiss Youtube
Gun Guy Radio Product Spotlight: DEFIANCE MACHINE - STRYKER RIDGE HTR ACTIONS
Brownells Giveaway: Series 3 AR Multitasker tool BLK G10, Plain Edge Blade Giving away 2 of these for the month of February! $139.99 value each!
- Enter by Subscribing to our email newsletter and going to http://www.gunguyradio.com/winner
- Next round: Entries Due by January 22nd.
- Giveaway on January 26th
SPONSOR – Ryan Cross Hunter of Design - www.hunterofdesign.com
- Feedback - email@example.com
- Remember to subscribe to us in iTunes so that you never miss a show and please leave us a review there as well. http://www.gunguyradio.com/itunes
- Join the NRA
- Join the Second Amendment Foundation
- FRN Android APP http://www.firearmsradio.tv/android
- Don’t forget to check out the other shows on the Firearms Radio Network Subscribe and listen for free at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/itunes
- Tactical Paradise Podcast
- Don’t forget to shop Brownells using our affiliate link http://www.gunguyradio.com/Satisfaction