Art Moore of Kahr Arms shares the story of how the company was founded and it's journey to becoming a household name today.
Welcome to Episode 079 of Gun Guy Radio,----this is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Jake Challand and this is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
Couple Quick Announcements:
We launched a new show here at FRN. The Handgun Radio Podcast with Ryan MiChad.
We also will be launching the Firearms insider Podcast in just a few weeks. This will be a gun and gear review type show and will be hosted by Dani Oakley. Stay tuned for more info and if you want to catch “pilot” episodes of shows that we are testing out, then subscribe to the Firearms Radio Network’s master feed on iTunes.firearmsradio.tv/itunes
Main Topic: Art Moore of Kahr Arms
- Jake: Today we have a special guest on the line, Art Moore who is the Eastern Regional Manager for the Kahr Firearms Group. Hello Art Welcome to the show.
- Art: Hello...
- Jake: So is the Mississippi river the dividing line for your region?
- Jake: Can you tell us where Kahr Arms is currently based out of
- Jake: Is Kahr planning on moving out of the region?
- Jake: I like to start off the show by allowing the listener to get to know you a little better
- So, Art tell me a little about your yourself, give me a quick run down of your bio leading up to the day you started working at Kahr Arms. First tell me, did you grow up around firearms?
- Jake: Let’s get into the History of Kahr Arms. Tell us a little bit about the founder and how Kahr came to be the company that we see today.
- Jake: Was that about the mid-nineties?
- Jake: Art, is seems as though all Kahr pistols are very thin, are they all single stack magazines?
- Jake: So a few years back Kahr Arms aquired a couple other Firearms companies. Tell me a little about
- Jake: Yeah, the go to movie handgun for most any bad guy in hollywood.
- Jake: Yes, I’m going to have to have you on again to talk about these great companies. I’d like to really talk to you about the iconic guns that Auto Ordnance still produces. Some real pieces of Americana in my opinion.
- Jake: Let’s jump back to the Kahr brand and today. What is Kahrs bread and butter pistol, in other words, what pistol can you just not make enough of.
- Jake: I love how Kahr has such a vast variety of concealable Handguns. A couple episodes ago Zack talked about some of his Kahr T&E pistols that he’s fallen in love with. Do you find that people choose Kahr because they can find that one gun that fits just their taste and hand?
- Jake: Now we hear about new guns having a break-in period, is there any truth to that?
- Jake: Wolf Springs, isn’t that the “go to” spring for many people?
- Jake: Well, the ammo really can make all the difference.
- Now, some people may say that Kahr has a really long trigger pull.
- Jake: Let me jump back to the breakin period. How many rounds are required to break a Kahr pistol in?
- Jake: That about wraps up our time together today, Art do you have any final thoughts?
- Jake: So you can visit Kahr.com for more info. Art where else can people find you guys on the web?
- Jake: Art, Let’s plan on another show sometime in the near future where we talk about Auto Ordnance. Thank You so much for being our guest!
SPONSOR - Duluth Trading
Check-out our wish list here: Amazon GGR wish list
Weekly Giveaway: Brownells $20 in gift cards
This Weeks Winner: JOHN EDEEN
Next Week’s Giveaway: $20 Brownells Gift Cards
SPONSOR – Ryan Cross Hunter of Design - www.hunterofdesign.com
- Feedback - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record a voicemail using the Speak Pipe Plugin on the right hand side of GGR
- Don’t forget to purchase your Gun Guy Radio stickers
- Remember to subscribe to us in iTunes so that you never miss a show and please leave us a review there as well. http://www.gunguyradio.com/itunes HELP us hit 300 reviews!
- Facebook.com/GunGuyRadio page
- GunGuyRadio.com site for show notes
- Join the NRA
- Join the Second Amendment Foundation
- The Firearms Radio Network Needs your help! Show us some love by going to http://www.gunguyradio.com/love/
- Don’t forget to check out the other shows on the Firearms Radio Network Subscribe and listen for free at http://www.firearmsradio.tv/itunes