Catch a behind the scenes glimpse of the Firearms Radio Network, plus Zack joins us for a Kahr Arms review.
Welcome to Episode 075 of Gun Guy Radio,----this is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host and yes fellow Gun Guy, Jake Challand. This is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
This week on GGR: (Lots of good stuff this episode including a hands on Kahr Arms pistol review with Zack from Lone Wolf Distributors. Plus, I’ll take you on a behind the scenes journey and talk a little bit about what’s been brewing here at the Firearms Radio Network, what our leadership team has been discussing and our vision for the future.)
Week in Review:
Jake: As you may have seen I have released the complete AR-15 lower parts kit installation video. Working on the AR-15 upper receiver videos now. Working on the FRN membership program and perks that go along with that. Working on the FRN core values and talking a lot with our leadership team on how we want FRN to look in the future, what kind of culture that we want it to have. More on some of this later in this show.
Zack’s Kahr Review:
Main Topic: The FRN Crusade
Brief overview of what we have accomplished here are FRN.
Here’s what we talked about in our “looking forward to 2013” episode
Goals: Some of my BHAG(Big Hairy Audacious Goals)
- Hit 1 Million Downloads (on Schedule to hit in less than a Month)
- Monetize by partnering with great companies (We have partnered with great companies like)
- Continue to grow the network as a business (We now meet once a week with a leadership team to discuss this)
- Create enough income to quit the job I hate (Just a matter of time, even though it seems impossibly far off now)
- Outfit the Studio with all Mac Machines (Have 2 mac-minis, woo hoo!)
- Hit 10,000 FB likes ( on pace 6,600 on FRN and about 5,000 on GGR)
- Build and giveaway 5 rifles (1 built and will giveaway as soon as the next one comes in)
- Hit 100,000 views on Video Blog (haha about 200 so far)
- Revolutionize the Firearms industry radio presence (Definitely doing this every day!)
Maybe some new goals like:( I want to make goals that stretch me and takes me out of my comfort zone.) Should be looking ahead to 2014 now.
- 3 million downloads
- 200 FRN Members
What has the FRN Leadership team been up to?
- Meet about once a week
- Discussing company culture, relationship building and how we can be better
- Gun Guy Studios - A sister business to FRN, we help companies with websites, content management and graphic design.
Future for Gun Guy Radio:
- Restructuring of the show format
- No more “week in review” unless there’s something I really have to talk about
- No more “help Gun Guy Radio”
- Brownells giveaway with transition to gift cards instead of product (my choice)
- Josh Coburn will be our Brownells insider correspondent for a new weekly segment
- Zack may shift to a similar correspondent role
- In fact less co-hosts all the way around
- Will be doing MANY more industry insider interviews similar to Pete Brownell, Dirt King, Ron Petty and Brian Gunny Zins interviews.
- More great content and inside perspective
- More great guests
- Listener feedback will be move to dedicated episodes where I bring on some of the regular standbys for co-hosts
FRN Core Values:
- Don’t Settle for the Status Quo
- Fear does NOT get a vote here
- Excellence in everything, let’s WOW people
- Passionate Crusader mentality
- QBQ - What can “I” do?
- Positive drive and change
- Wild open-minded creativity
- Intentional growth and learning
- Be humble - We are NOT here for us
- Open honest relationships and communication
SPONSOR - Duluth Trading
Craig: Do those Duluth jeans run true to size? Like you wear the same size in those as you do other brands? Might be something you can mention on the show
Check-out our wish list here: Amazon GGR wish list
Weekly Giveaway: Brownells BVL160 Flashlight
This Weeks Winner: Josh Russell
Next Week’s Giveaway:Short Premium Shop Apron with O-Ring
Enter by Subscribing to our emailnewsletter
Joe Underwood: Just another reason for Jake to move to Texas. Governor Perry walked in and picked up a new Colt 1911 while I was hanging out at the local gun shop this afternoon. He just stood around and talked guns with us for 15-20 minutes.
"You all can go to hell, and I shall go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Jim Ryan: Your guest last week talked about getting a glock barrel in 7.62x25. Any way you can make this happen?
Mike McCreary: Jake and team,
I really enjoy all of your podcasts. While I was recently participating in the 20K Dam-to-Dam race in Des Moines, IA, I listed to back-to-back episodes of Gun Guy Radio. I had been busy coaching my youngest son's little league team during May and was behind in listening. I loaded up 4 episodes and during the bus ride to the start of the race, as well as the warm up period and the race itself, I listened to the podcasts and got caught up on back episodes. It made the time fly by. I was completely entertained the whole time. Thanks for making the miles less painful.
Also, I was the winner of the Brownells weekly give away of the flashlight BVL-160 and want to give you some feedback. This light is amazingly bright. It has four settings; momentary on, full bright solid , a dimmer solid, and strobe. Although I haven't used the colored filters, I did install them and they are easily changed. The case is very solid and with the wrist strap, I am never concerned with dropping. There is no comparison to any traditional flashlight, like a Mag light. The length of the beam and the intensity of the light is so bright. I have recommended it to multiple people, and two have purchased from Brownell as a result.
Keep up the great work. The episodes keep getting better.
SPONSOR - Duluth Trading
SPONSOR – Ryan Cross Hunter of Design
- Feedback - email@example.com
- Record a voicemail message (815) 290-9777
- Don’t forget to purchase your Gun Guy Radio stickers at gunguyradio.com/stickers to help support the Firearms Radio Network
- Review us on Itunes
- Facebook.com/GunGuyRadio page
- GunGuyRadio.com site for show notes
- Join the NRA
- Join the Second Amendment Foundation
- The Firearms Radio Network Needs your help!