Jake interviews Dirt King of MidSouth Shooters Supply on the company's history and Dirt's Journey in the Firearms Industry. Welcome to Episode 58 of Gun Guy Radio,----this is the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle.I’m your host Jake Challand and this is Mike from the God and Guns podcast. This is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
Main Topic: David Clark King AKA Dirt King of MidSouth Shooter's Supplies
David Clark King III - Dirt King
- Who is Dirt aka David Clark King III
- Dad was radio repairman
- Interesting story about your Dad in World War II
- Tell us about your first guns when were you first introduced to shooting?
- You also have a background in music, traveling?
- Availability of merchandise and the change in quality of merchandise
- Distribution of merchandise
- Sales (growth/decline)
- Government involvement/regulations and how that has changed the business operation
- Customer base through the last 40 years
- Guadal Canal Campaign - Wiki
- Hunting University TV Show
- Midsouth Shooters Supply
- Midsouth Shooters on Facebook
Weekly Giveaway: Brownells Tactical Plus Rifle Sling – Black $59.99
This Weeks Winner: David Jeffers Next Week’s Giveaway: Brownells AR-15 Action Block/Vise Block Set $79.99
Joseph R Minick: Cavalry (Cav- al- ree) is a division in the army.
Calvary (Cal- Va- Ree) is the is the Greek name for the mountain where Jesus was crucified.
Sounds like the guy on the voicemail was just nitpicking. :)
I am a relatively new listener from Portland, Oregon. I love the podcast, and as a recent handgun owner and new CHL holder I enjoy the absence of politics as I'm learning about the lifestyle. I have an hour-long commute every morning, and I enjoy spending it with you guys.
I also found the God and Guns podcast through the GGR episode of the same name. Another winner!
Thanks for what you do, keep up the drawl no matter how much hate mail you get. Science proves that people trust a southern accent. Science: when someone says it, it must be true!
Christopher Brown: Hi Jake, I just wanted to send you an email letting you and the rest of the guys know that I think you're all doing a great job. I found your podcasts about 2 weeks ago and have listened to as many of them as itunes will let me download. I have been a gun guy for over 20 years and still learn something new from most shows. Thank you and keep up the good work
Jim Biedenbender: Hey Jake, My name is Jim, I just found your podcast not too long ago and it is fantastic. I am getting caught up with the podcast then getting caught up with the AR podcast. I hope this isn’t asking a question you already answered. I have an M-14 rifle with a walnut stock. I want to buy a synthetic stock for it to not wreck the beautiful walnut stock. I haven’t tried to take it apart yet so I don’t know if it has the glass bedding or not. Could you give me some places to find stocks for it that aren’t crazy tactical stocks? I also want to start shooting in competitions starting in the spring here. Is there a good place to go for maybe a rifle shoot with my M-14 or M-4? I also want to shoot handgun stuff. I am just going to have fun right now to see where I am in relation to other people but might want to get more serious with it. Thanks!
Keep up the good work I look forward to listen to the program. I live in Chicago and thought I was the only guy in the area that liked guns lol.
Bill in PA: Thanks to Gun Guy Radio for the Brownell's NRA screwdriver set. It is a high quality and practical tool set, and I am certain it will last for many years. I have listened to almost every episode available on the Firearms Radio Network and look forward to many more. Great content on every one of your shows!
- Feedback - JZ@gunguyradio.com
- Record a voicemail message (815) 290-9777
- Don’t forget to purchase your Gun Guy Radio stickers at gunguyradio.com/stickers to help support the Firearms Radio Network
- Review us on Itunes
- Facebook.com/GunGuyRadio page
- GunGuyRadio.com site for show notes
- Join the NRA
- Join the Second Amendment Foundation
- The Firearms Radio Network Needs your help!