In this week’s episode of Gun Guy Radio, Jake, Mike, Hank, Reed, and Steve discuss Jake and Hank’s trip to the 2013 SHOT Show. Welcome to Gun Guy Radio, the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle.
Week in Review
- Jake: Met Carl from the Gun Dudes Podcast and Ken from the Urban Shooter Podcast. Also met with a few former Top Shot contestants. The White Oak Armament barrel for the AR15 build is in the mail!
- Reed: Finally received his Graf & Sons order for .357 Sig Ammo.
- Steve: Bought a few rounds of 9mm ammo, surprised to find anything in stock.
- Hank: Enjoyed attending SHOT Show and the 3-Gun Nation Championship.
- Mike: Lost 20lbs. Bought a box of 9 mm JHP because there was no FMJ on the shelf. Created the God and Guns Facebook page.
2013 SHOT Show Roundup
- SlideFire Solutions Booth.
- Springfield XD9s.
- Daniel Defense ISR (Integrally Suppressed Rifle).
- Caracal's first 9mm carbine to hit the market.
- Strike One pistol: Had a ridiculously long trigger reset.
- Double barreled 1911: Very large and seemed like more of a novelty item than a serious weapon.
- Ruger Mark III.
- Caspian 2011 (1911).
- High quality AR components that are CNC machined in-house and offered at reasonable prices.
- Nice “L15” (AR-style) rifles.
- Nice safes, gun cabinets, and storage solutions. Some new products with reasonable prices and neat features.
Help the Firearms Radio Network and Gun Guy Radio
- Check out our Amazon Wish List. Thank you for helping the network produce high quality content for you!
- A big THANK YOU to listener JT for purchasing some items on the network's wish list!
Brownells Weekly Giveaway
- Congratulations to Jon Redding for winning the Brownells AR15 Paratrooper charging handle ($99.99).
- Next week we will be giving away a Brownells AR15 Multitasker Tool II ($123.99), courtesy of Brownells.
- To enter in the Brownells weekly giveaway, subscribe to our email list.
- Zach Napotnik: Zach finally purchased his dream rifle, and FNH SCAR 17 and asked which options were available for optics applicable to close and long-range shooting.
- Josh Wood: Josh congratulated us on the success of the Firearms Radio Network and is excited about visiting the Frisco Gun Club once it opens in the near future.
- Adrian Haws: Adrian had some questions regarding the .22 magnum round, specifically its effective range and ideal applications.
- Cory: Cory had a question about a recommendation on a quality concealed carry pistol that can handle getting wet and dirty.
- Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Record a voicemail message by calling (815) 290-9777.
- You can purchase Gun Guy Radio stickers at gunguyradio.com/stickersto help support the Firearms Radio Network.
- Review us on iTunes.
- Visit us on Facebook.
- Join the NRA.
- Join the Second Amendment Foundation.
- Help the Firearms Radio Network to continue producing great shows for you!