Steve, Hank & Jake talk about reloading equipment price points and options. Ron from WTBGU blog stops in for a S&W M&P Shield review and much more. Welcome to Gun Guy Radio! the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Jake. This is Steve your LE officer from Texas & Co-Host Hank is back. This is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
Week in Review:
- Jake - Sold my XDM & GLock Bought SHot Show hotel + plane + got broadcast media badge + morning invite to media day at thhe range. Hint Randi Rogers is launching her own podcast. David Hicks donated Delton AR lower. Brownells supplying all tools, Geissele Trigger, White Oak Armament.
- Steve: Attended Dallas Market Hall gun show, no purchases made. .223 ammo was outrageous, several dealers were selling standard FMJ stuff for $.40+ per round. Went to Cabelas to try out P22 was really disappointed with the trigger; decided on M&P22?? Slow gun week for me. Bought in wall safe based on Hank’s recommendation. Looking into some nice high quality GGR logo stickers, open to any feedback from listeners. Would anyone be interested in these?
- Hank: Finished installing my in-wall safe from Stack-On. Couldn’t be happier with the results. Looking at purchasing a couple more in the smaller pistol sized versions. Checked out the Cabela’s location in Rapid City South Dakota over the Thanksgiving holiday. Really beautiful part of the country. Looking at the Ruger LCR as a possible next
Amazon wish list. Thank YOU!!! for helping the show :) Check-out our wish list here: Amazon GGR wish list
Main Topic: Reloading for beginner's: Equipment options & prices
Mec Zombie Reloader $250.99
LEE 223 DIE DELUXE 3 DIE SET $32.99
Lyman 1200 Pro Tumbler $45 - $63
Model B High Speed Tumbler $180.00
Thumler-s-tumbler-ultra-vibe-tumblers $140 - $530
Lee Perfect Powder Measure $23.99
RCBS uni-form Powder Measure $79.25
RCBS 750 Scale$114.95
Lyman Scale $149.99
RCBS Bullet Puller $6.49
Cost effectiveness of reloading:
Weekly Giveaway: Brownells MagnaTip Screwdrivers
Winner: Anthony Cosenza II
John Garside: Got a real gun question. What is your take on the CZ 75 Compact vs. the CZ PO1. Steel frame vs. the alloy frame-which is my main concern? I love the Glock and most Ruger's, but man, the CZ just feels good in the hand. I may even trade the G19 for one of the CZ's - thoughts?
Hammer Sandwich (Paul): Great show.....just like everybody else, I really enjoy the absence of politics, and the focus on guns and gun culture. A lot of topics don't really apply to us here in Canada, but the shows are informative and entertaining none the less. (The reloading show has me considering a new hobby.....) I only found you guys a few weeks ago, but I've gotten almost all the way through the back-catalog, and am looking forward to more! Keep it up!
Jerry Petillo: Have you guys ever considered doing a show about Ballistics, forensic firearm identification, or shooting incident reconstruction?
Ian: If you haven't figured out what this means.... As Zach said huckleberries are just little berries you pick. So doc holiday was basically saying if you want something to pick, pick on me. Super bad ass.
- Feedback - JZ@gunguyradio.com
- Record a voicemail message (815) 290-9777
- Review us on Itunes
- Facebook.com/GunGuyRadio page
- GunGuyRadio.com site for show notes
- Link to Amazon Pick of the Week
- Join the NRA
- Follow us on Spotify