All hands on deck for a goofy Halloween edition of GGR. We talk about the old and new Red Dawn movies. We even talk a little about zombies...
Welcome to Gun Guy Radio the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m your host Jake and this is Zack the director of marketing at Lone Wolf Distributors. This is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
Uncut Video Podcast version of this show : Warning has some language
Week in Review:
- Jake - “Band of Brothers” - Being Thankful
- Zack - Bought a G34 OEM, Bought a Raging Bull 454 Casull, Sold AR15, Ordered Daniel Defense AR
- Steve - USMS training with Sim guns for warrant service, room/house clearing (Sigs, Glocks, bad guys had MP5s); spent a couple of hours modifying the gear on my external body armor to incorporate more med equipment like tourniquets; still trying to find a good spot for my radio
- Mike - Put my shotgun on layaway at Gander Mountain. Should have it before gun season.
- Hank - Received my in-wall gun cabinet from Stack-on this week. Going to try and get the install done this weekend if possible.
Help GGR: Shout out to the generous people/person who bought the long network cables from our Amazon wish list. Thank YOU!!! We need Microphone boom arms x2
Main Topic: Halloween show with a Red Dawn 80’s theme...
Thoughts on the plot:
- Steve: good plot considering the time, really bad acting (may have been decent for the timeframe); troops parachuting onto school grounds is unsettling; thought the 4473 paperwork comments were interesting; quite an array of guns, with not a single magazine change!; when most of the shootings happened at distances greater than 20+ yards, why did the guy saw off the barrel of his shotgun?; guerilla vs guerilla respect shown at the end with the Cuban guy; nice use of bombings to obtain maximum casualties (like at the Soviet-American “friendship” center); ambush at gas station was cool; the Air Force pilot / teenage girl relationship was a little creepy; what about watching the movie and taking a drink every time they say “comrade”?...now sure how long I would last.
- Mike: It’s 12:40 am and I just got done watching Red Dawn for the first time. I had to stream it from Amazon because blockbuster and netflix and redbox didn’t have it. The plot was great but there is little character development and the invading forces are wearing pajamas. It didn’t give our military much credit. I think there were only about 300 bad guys. I did like the movie, however. It had a nice assortment of guns that I’m unfamilar with.
Did you ever imagine a scenario like this growing up?:
- Steve: the plot looks a little more refined; instead of just fighting/resisting, now they fight with the purpose of obtaining the “ultimate weapon” from the enemy; the idea of China invading is much more realistic than North Korea, but I guess this was changed for political/money reasons?
- Mike: I agree with Steve. It’s a good idea to have them fighting for a weapon. Looks like much better character building from what you can tell from the trailer. And the invading forces are a lot more numerous, which would be more realistic. And who can argue with a movie that has Mustang with a mini gun mounted to it?
- Hank: FLAMETHROWERS!!!!!!! Any movie that has flame throwers in it is good in my book. Does our military still use flamethrowers?
Weekly Giveaway: Tactical Bible Stories: Personal Security Tips from the Bible (Amazon) Winner is: Robert Inabinet Next Week’s Prize: Zombie/Simpsons books from Gun Guy Radio (gun guy books is no more...) Subscribe to our email list
Listener Email: JB: Hi guys! I just got done listening to Episode 33. Great segment on God & guns! You all missed one glaring order from our Lord & Savior to His disciples as they headed out on their mission to spread the faith: Luke 22:35 And he (Jesus) said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
Our Lord was no pacifist! He knew that His earthly ministry was wrapping up. He knew that His disciples were going to meet up with some unsavory characters on their mission journey. It was so important to our Lord that His disciples carried a sidearm that He ordered them to sell their coats to get one! You can't be much of a witness of our Lord if you're bleeding out on the side of the road! Sean - Seattle via Indiana: Hello Jack and Zeke. I'm finally caught up on all the podcasts. Well, except for the Fat to Fit, I'm 6' and 150lbs so please don't hate me. Keep up the no politics. That's what Tom Gresham and NRA News is for. Not so much Cam and Company, who has that much free time? I need to fill a 9mm hole in my collection. I'm more of a "each gun has a different role" kind of guy and I've been looking at the H&K P30L with the V2 LEM DAO trigger. I don't have a H&K, a 9mm, or a DAO hammer fired pistol. Any experience you guys have would be great. Please tell Zane that I don't drink the "low bore axis" Kool-Aid and feel that grip and balance play a more important role. Think Sig P226. Muzzle rise isn't an issue because it bounces right back on target. At least for me. Keep up the great show. Would love to hear an episode on scopes. What power is really needed for what distance, objective lens size, ect. We should start a new thing with reader emails, current favorite gun. Right now it'd be my S&W R8 .357 Mag. It's the one gun that everyone has to shoot when they see it. Please don't call it Tactically-Gay.
Glock Corner: Timberwolf airsoft gun
Glock fully supported / partially unsupported chambers discussion?
Listener Voice Mail: Steve aka Von Lovas(itunes reviewer)
Itunes Reviews: Updated redwood guy + couple new ones
Reminder we need Microphone boom arms x2
Fat2FitHQ will be moved off this feed soon. Search for Fat2fithq in itunes and subscribe to it’s own feed.