Jake interviews Evil Roy & Randi Rogers on all things cowboy action shooting. We discuss guns, gear and SASS competition. Welcome to Gun Guy Radio! the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Your host Jake and joining me this week is Evil Roy & Randi Rogers. This is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
Main Topic: Cowboy Action with Evil Roy and Holy Terror
- What is Cowboy Action Shooting SASS
- What are Wild Bunch matches and how are the different from Cowboy Action?
- Why are so many people interested in shooting CAS and WB?
- How hard is it to get all the gear needed to shoot SASS CAS or Wild Bunch matches?
- Can I just show up once a month and shoot with my buddies and not be worried about how I do or how I will look?
- Do you have to be a serious competitor to shoot CAS?
- I’m interested in competition so can I experience a high level of competition or is everyone just playing “dress up as I have heard?
- If I want to be the best how hard will I have to work?
- Can women and kids shoot CAS and if so are they made welcome? Many matches seem too discourage females and kids? Just a macho thing?
- Do I have to spend lots of money and dress up to shoot? I don’t like the dress up part.
- What kind of firearms are used in CAs and WB?
- What calibers are the most popular in CAS and Wild Bunch matches?
- Do these old pre 1900 firearms give a lot of trouble and are they hard to keep running?
- Do I have to reload to shoot?
- Run me through a common cowboy stage.
Comp-Tac Holsters Glock Corner: Clint from Orlando, FL I recently aquired my CWP here in Florida. I am trying to determine which carry gun to pick up first, the Glock 19 or Glock 26? I will own both eventually but i am having trouble deciding which one to get first. The 26 is super versatile and that is which way i am leaning, however, the 19 is extremely popular as well with the carry crowd. I would also like to shoot some IDPA sooner or later so i am trying to take that into consideration as well. I have shot them both. Now, i just need to make the call. Any insight you guys could provide would be much appreciated! Also give me your thoughts/opinions on a hybrid leather/kydex IWB holster vs. an all kydex IWB holster. I love your all's show! Even if the topic doesn't interest me, its still entertaining and it never hurts to learn something new! Keep it up!
Listener Q&A: Jake Just listened to the xd glock episode wanted to throw in my 2 cents. If you remember my g29 question you'll know I'm a glock guy, but I think if I wanted a 45 I'd buy xd or m&p strictly because of grip size then again if u want a 45 might as well buy a 1911 always wanted one of those anyway . Alright my answer is buy one of each this is still America right. Great show guys. Thanks, Robert