Part 1 of the 4 part series "M&P vs. Glock vs. XD." We talk with Julie Golob of team Smith & Wesson about the M&P polymer line of pistols. We also tackle some tough listener feedback. Welcome to Gun Guy Radio! the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Jake from Bargain Shoot.com and this is Zack from American Gun Works.com and the director of marketing at Lone Wolf Distributors. This is your weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics.
Week in Review:
- Jake - Shot a 3-gun competition... Did terrible 30 carbine rounds really smokey
- Zack- Got my AR15 finally together (and they messed up the FH) going to shoot it this week.
Making shooting more fun:
- Take some targets(most of the heads are like new) home from the competition and next time on the range set them up and practice headshots.
- Got another idea? Send them our way to JZ@gunguyradio.com
Rim-Fire Round-up: Smith & Wesson M&P 22 $340 at Buds gun Shop
Main Topic: Julie Golob Interview - The Smith & Wesson M&Ps
Julie Golob’s Achievements
- 13x USPSA Ladies National Champion
- 7x Ladies World Speed Shooting Champion
- 4x IDPA Ladies National Champion
- US Army Female Athlete of the Year
- US Army Marksmanship Unit Athlete of the Year
- 3x S&W IDPA Winter Nationals Ladies Champion
- 2x NRA Bianchi Cup Ladies Open Champion
- 2x International Revolver Championships Ladies Open Champion
- American Handgunner Ladies Champion
Questions about Julie
- What does Julie do for a living?
- What does a normal week look like for you?
- How long have you shot for Smith & Wesson?
Questions about the M&P
- What do you like most about the M&Ps
- Why do you think the average consumer opts for an M&P
- How does the M&P help competition shooters
- What benefits does the M&P have for self-defense?
- Tell us about your book Shoot: Your Guide to Shooting and Competition (Amazon)
- So you were on top shot Season 4 episode 4 as the trainer for the elimination challenge
- Julie has her own podcast Julie G Podcast
HUNTING INDUSTRY VIDEO EXAMPLE: Searching for West
BargainShoot deal: Kahr Arms CW9 Handgun – 9mm $354.20 at Cheaper Than Dirt
Glock Corner: Laser dry fire practice, new product to help
Weekly Giveaway: Switching to Facebook giveaway, More info next week. Still need to hear from
- Edgeio540 weekly winner- iSniper by Stephen Hunter
- Average Gun Enthusiast - Ameriglo CAP sights
- Goju_911 is this week's winner of “I, Sniper” from Gun Guy Books
Reviews left this week: 23 steps Great Gun Show
Wthclt Great Podcast
TracSol Refreshing and Informative
Jamesinnapples Great Content
(After Show) Redwood Guy Good Stuff
allareguilty Just Filth!
Kelly Zimmerman Booooring
Voice Mail: Whesley F.
Listener Q&A: Ed: Hi guys, I love your show. I drive about 1 1/2 hours one way to work and it is one of the few things that can keep me awake even if it is because I am shaking my head. Anyway my thought for a show was how about the guns/calibers that are important to us individually because they were our first, the first we used to hunt with, or given to us by someone significant to us. 2 of my favorites are an old 6.5 carcano (yes the Kennedy gun) that was given to me by my brother. This thing was/is a real piece of crap and purchased from a Wards catalog but it was special to me and I loved shooting it. I still have it but many years ago a gunsmith could not believe that I was able ever to shoot it and live. The second was a savage 340V in .225 winchester. Very interesting cartridge that I do not hear much about but it was/is a screamer and can reach a long way. I still love Savage arms to this day because of that weapon.
Keep up the good work guys. (Ed also left an itunes review) Thank You!
Hey just wanted to tell y'all that amazon sells a Kindle subscription for $1.25 a month to Recoil. Recoil Mag Kindle edition
Manuel Feliz on Facebook:
Is there any way you guys could make the Fat2FitHQ podcast it's own separate like the After show is? It would make automatic downloading of the Gun Guy Radio podcast through itunes much easier as I wouldn't have to go back and delete the Fat2FitHQ ones.
- Feedback - JZ@gunguyradio.com
- Record a voicemail message (815) 290-9777
- Review us on Itunes,
- Facebook.com/GunGuyRadio page
- GunGuyRadio.com site for show notes
- Join the NRA
- Support us by shopping at Amazon