We talk with JR Shepard Founder and Owner of Lone Wolf Distributors the largest Glock accessories company. We discuss the business side of the firearms industry. We also compare the New Springfield XDs with the Glock 36 and we talk about 22 rimfire guns that we have owned and shot. Welcome to Gun Guy Radio! the podcast that shines a positive light on the firearms lifestyle. I’m Jake your average gun enthusiast, and owner of Bargain Shoot and Gun Guy Books I’m Zack the owner of American Gun Works and director of marketing at Lone Wolf Distributors. This is the weekly dose of positive firearms talk, without the politics. Opening
- Find us on Itunes,
- Zune podcast directories
- Blackberry podcast directories
Week in Review:
- Jake - Shoot some with Zack, Mike and Hank. Hank brought bowling pins.
- Zack - Rearranged my reloading room. Is reloading worth it? Decided to sell my Kahr CW9 now that I have a CM9. Have you guys ever had two similar guns and don’t know why?
Making shooting more fun:
- John on Facebook writes: One of the stages last year was lollipops at 10yrds. Take a 2x4 board and drill a series of holes in the sides and put the lollipop sticks in them. Let me assure you that lollipop heads at 10yds is very challenging! (very minimal clean up of the range for this too.)
- Got another idea? Send them our way to JZ@gunguyradio.com
Zack- Talk about rimfires we have already owned.. and plus and minuses of them. Then next week we can talk about ones we want to buy.
Main Topic: The Business side of the Firearms industry - Interview with JR of Lone Wolf Dist.
Blog post of the week:GunNuts: State of Shooting Sports
BargainShoot deal:SIRT Red/Red Training Pistol
Glock Corner: Springfield XDs Versus the Glock 36 - Baby 45 Showdown!
http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=18278 Good blog post comparing them.
Basically the G36 holds more rounds but is larger. I still don’t like the grip safety but that’s me.
- Thank You to JohnUSCG and redwood guy for leaving itunes reviews!
- Feedback - JZ@gunguyradio.com
- Record a voicemail message (815) 290-9777