On this week's show we will be talking about Fasting and Prayer for our nation.
God and Guns Podcast Episode 149 - Fasting and Prayer
Intro: Welcome back to Episode 149 of the God and Guns Podcast. I’m your host, Troy. (Doug) And I’m your other host, Doug. (Troy) We use this podcast to talk about God, guns, and the responsible Christian gun owners interests. On this week's show we will be talking about Fasting and Prayer for our nation.
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network
Show Sponsor Crossbreed
This Week's God and Gun activities:
God: Been doing my daily devotional, Piper and sportsman daily devotional.
Guns: EDC.Make it back from Florida and headed to USCCA Expo in Atlanta Saturday. Got to one of our listeners (Steve Stone). Spent a lot of time with our friends at Crossbreed holsters and LASR App. Spent time with Paul and Jarrad Markel from SOTG.
God: Reading Through the bible in a year ESV Bible App or at Bible.com, Got to watch the video and children's building last Sunday and Wednesday again. Just finished the Daniel 14 Day Plan devotion. Finished reading Behold, Darkness and Sorrow by Mark Goodwin which I enjoyed a lot. Also read “Evil Invades Sanctuary, The Case for Security in Faith Based Organizations” by Carl Chinn. Currently reading “The Seven Step Survival Plan” by David Kobler & Mark Goodwin now.
Guns: EDC, working on preps and fuel storage. Picked up a Dillon 550B reloader off of MeWe Trader Page, and ordered some accessories and other dies I’ll need to reload all I am planning, getting advice from our brother Mike Iselin over at the Reloading Podcast.
(Some warning labels sent by Jeff Bowen, Greg Laurie is the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, Calif)
- A label on a baby stroller warns: “Remove Child Before Folding.” I pity this poor kid.
- A brass fishing lure with a three-pronged hook on the end warns: “Harmful if Swallowed.” That is especially true if you are a fish, but I assume some human decided to give it a nibble, too.
- A warning on a flush-able toilet brush states: “Do not use for Personal Hygiene.” Now that one is just downright frightening.
- How about this label on a bottle of drain cleaner that warns: “If you do not understand, or cannot read, all directions, cautions and warnings, do not use this product.” If you cannot read, how would you know what that warning label is saying? Perhaps a skull and cross-bones would have done the trick.
- A cartridge for a laser printer warns, “Do not Eat Toner.” Thanks for the reminder. I was going to have some with my burrito today at lunch, but now that you’ve warned me, I’ll pass.
- A label on a 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow warns: “Not Intended for Highway Use.” Did some guy actually do this? He must have been fast runner!
- A can of self-defense pepper spray warns users: “May Irritate Eyes.” Yeah, I was kind of hoping for that, especially the eyes of the person who is attacking me!
- A dishwasher carries this warning: “Do not allow Children to play in the Dishwasher.” This was probably written for the same person who folded their kid in the stroller!
- A household iron warns users: “Never iron clothes while they are being worn.” OK, I’m going to confess to this one. I’ve put on a shirt, seen a wrinkle, and then ironed the wrinkled spot while wearing it. So I guess all these labels are not crazy. Or maybe they are and I am. You pick.
- One final warning label. On the side of household knife: “Never Try to Catch a Falling Knife.” Ouch.
I know you guys are always looking for content for "Comedy Corner". I thought you would get a kick out of the crazy warning labels (and Greg's comments) that are bulleted in the first part of the article I included. I pasted in the whole article since it's a good read.
Thanks for all that you do, and may God continue to bless you both.
Weekly Bible Verses & Main Topic
14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying, 15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatic, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. 16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. 17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. 18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. 19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? 20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. 21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting." Matthew 17: 14-21 (KJV)
New Segment: Where do you attend worship?
NRA AM Meet and Greet
7-10 PM May 21st at Cardinal Inn Hall of Fame Cafe, we have the Freedom Hall Room Reserved @ 2748 Crittenden Drive, Louisville just outside the north Gates of the fairgrounds http://www.halloffamecafes.com/prod/cardinal/
NRA Armed Citizen
Woman defends home and daughter from violent intruders, WTOC, Savannah, Ga. 04/26/16
Shannon Linton and her teenage daughter were at home sleeping in Savannah, Ga. when a pair of robbers broke in. At first unaware of the intrusion, Linton went to investigate the suspicious noise when she was punched in the face by one of the intruders. Linton retreated to a bedroom, retrieved a 12-gauge shotgun and fired at the home invaders. Upon meeting armed resistance, the intruders fled the scene.
Following the incident, Linton told a local media outlet, “I did learn that at least now I know that I can protect us. I don't have to rely on my husband, if, when he is at work, I know I can do it. I don't have to be afraid of that anymore.” (WTOC, Savannah, Ga. 04/26/16)
Help out the show by using the following links.
- Laser Activated Shot Reporter use code GANDG to get 10% discount
- FrogLube Store use code GodAndGuns to get a 10% discount
-Send feedback to Troy@godandgunspodcast.com, or Doug@godandgunspodcast.com
-Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/godandgunspodcast
-Follow us on Twitter @godandgunspod
-And search for us on Instagram too.
-And search for us on MeWe.
-Website - Http://www.godandgunspodcast.com
-Until next time, Have a blessed week. And keep your guns close but your bible closer.