God and Guns Podcast Episode 129 - A Time To Kill, the Myth of Christian Pacifism
Intro: Welcome back to Episode 129 of the God and Guns Podcast. I’m your host, Troy. (Doug) And I’m your other host, Doug. (Troy) We use this podcast to talk about God, guns, and the responsible Christian gun owners interests.
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network
This Week's God and Gun activities: Doug: God: Been doing my daily devotional, Piper and sportsman daily devotional Daily Bible Verse. Guns: EDC. Have not done much in guns this week. I have been hunting some. Nothing with the gun yet. Waiting on my puppies to be born. Any day now.
Troy: God: Daily Devotional Piper, Listening to a lot of John Piper’s sermons recently, free from their archives. Phillip and Andrew visited. Guns: Conceal Carry or open Carry everyday. Cleaning Guns after our buddies came to shoot this Thursday. Comedy Corner: The Dog A man is walking in the desert with his horse and his dog when the dog says, “I can’t do this. I need water.” The man says, “I didn’t know dogs could talk.”
The horse says, “Me neither!”
The Lawyer A guy goes into a lawyer’s office and asks the lawyer: “Excuse me, how much do you charge?” The lawyer responds: “I charge 1000.00 to answer three questions.” Holy Cow! – That’s a bit expensive isn’t it?” “Yes. What’s your third question?”
Reviews Feedback iTunes 5-Star by WeaselBooger - Nov 4, 2015 Like Being involved in a good conversation I really enjoy this podcast, it's like being involved in a good conversation at the local chow hall. Entertaining Stories, slices of life and a helping of God. The guys sound genuine and I’d buy them both a beer if they ever get up to North Idaho.
Douglas A Schultz Sent a video of his son's baptism saying Proud Daddy! on Facebook this week.
Aaron Richards Best podcast I've ever heard. Keep it up boys.God bless (Facebook)
Theodore Thomas I found your show about a month ago and have made it up to the show on the faith of our founding fathers. I have to say I loved that show in particular. But all the shows are at the least entertaining. (Facebook)
Weekly Bible Verses The ear that listens to life-giving reproof will dwell among the wise. Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence.
Main Topic A Time to Kill, The Myth of Christian Pacifism by Greg Hopkins
This book is about decisions. Not the everyday kind such as "What should I wear today?" or "Where shall we eat tonight?" but decisions that deal with life, death, and protecting the innocent. Self defense is not only about individual survival; self defense can also decide the fate of a nation and all its citizens. "A Time to Kill:
The Myth of Christian Pacifism" answers questions such as:
- Do federal, state, and local laws allow citizens to defend themselves against criminal attack?
- What means are available for self defense?
- What strategies should one use to avoid potential conflict. Can Christians defend themselves against Islamic extremists?
- Is pacifism in the Bible?
- Do the Gospels say Jesus was a pacifist?
- What if God commands us to use deadly force to defend the innocent?
- How do Jesus and the New Testament writers feel about the military?
- What does the Bible say about the death penalty?
- Can Christians sit on juries and vote for the death penalty?
- Can Jesus' teachings help soldiers with combat-induced PTSD?
- Does the Bible have a consistent message about self-defense from the Old Testament to the New?” Col. LTC (RET) Dave Grossman
Book available from Amazon on our link A Time To Kill
Sponsor the Firearms Radio Network
NRA Armed Citizen Store employees fell armed robbers, WFMZ, Allentown, Pa. 11/01/15 FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2015
A trio of men, at least one of whom was armed with a gun, entered Latino’s Meat Market in Reading, Pa. and attempted to rob the store. The two employees on duty responded to the threat by retrieving guns and firing at the robbers, striking two, and causing the other to flee. The two criminals that were struck died. After a preliminary investigation, Reading police stated that the employees appear to have acted in self-defense. (WFMZ, Allentown, Pa. 11/01/15)
Help out the show by using the following links.
- Laser Activated Shot Reporter use code GANDG to get 10% discount
- FrogLube Store use code GodAndGuns to get a 10% discount
- Eclipse Holsters use code GodandGuns to get 20% off between now and Christmas Day.
Wrap Up: -Send feedback to Troy@godandgunspodcast.com, or Doug@firearmsradio.tv -Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/godandgunspodcast -Follow us on Twitter @godandgunspod -And search for us on Instagram too. -Until next time, Have a blessed week. And keep your guns close but your bible closer.