Troy and Doug discuss tips for Dove Hunting
God and Guns Podcast
Episode 079 - Dove Season
Welcome back to Episode 79 of the God and Guns Podcast. I’m your host, Troy. (Doug) And I’m your other host, Doug. We use this podcast to talk about God, guns, and the responsible Christian gun owners interests. Tonight we will be talking about upcoming Dove Season
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network
This Weeks God and Gun activities:
Doug - God: Sunday went to a new church..Been doing my devotionals. Duck Commander, Sportsman Daily Devotional and Piper Guns: EDC all the time except at work still. Got my hands on 2000 rounds of 22 today.
Troy: God: Daily Devotional Made the Foundations (Systematic Theology) by R.C. Sproul my Devotional.Teaching Youth, Taught my new youngsters in Small Group. Guns: Conceal Carry 18/7, working on the range (sore) Spammed (540) Spam emails since last Friday.
"Wow!" Bill told his friend Isaac. "Check this out! The Bible says here that the Israelites crossed over the Red Sea on foot!"
"Well," replied Isaac, "That's actually the Sea of Reeds, which at that point was actually very shallow, so they probably crossed over in just two feet of water."
"Oh," said Bill, and he continued to read, disappointed. "Hey, wait! Check this out! It says here that the Egyptian army drowned in just two feet of water!"
Point of View One enterprising man asked the Lord, "Lord, how long is a million years to you?" The Lord replied, "To me, a million years is like a second." The man asked, "Lord, how much is a million dollars to you?" The Lord said, "To me, a million dollars is like a penny." The man asked, "Lord, may I have a penny?" The Lord answered, "Sure, just a second."
(Via Facebook) Brock Lusch Hey Guys I listen to your podcast out of Cincinnati,OH. I heard about you from The Wild Game Hunting Podcast. Y'all talk about some very interesting topics. As a fellow brother in Christ I say Blessings to you guys and the podcast. You keep recording and I'll keep listening as I drive my truck down the highway!
Aug 23rd, 8:00am What are the Top 10 things you taught your son/daughter that every hunter should know about deer hunting? As a first time hunter I have no one teaching me so I am teaching and learning alone.
1. Know what you are about to shoot at 2. What does a deer track look like. 3. What does deer droppings look like. 4. How to tell a buck from a doe. 5. What is a scrape. 6. What is a rub 7. Be sure of your target before you pull the trigger. Once the bullet is gone you can't take it back. 8. Where should you hold the cross hairs on the scope to make the best possible shot. 9. Find a gun suited for your child. Don't start them on a big gun they won't like. Practice with a 22 before to get used to the scope. 10. Aim small miss small.
Cornflake67 (United States of America)
Great show Rating: 5 Stars
Great show guys. I'm a junior in high school and I really love to listen to this on the way to and from school. Love to hear about God and love the discussions about the things going on in the world today. Keep up the great work guys.
Your brother in Christ,
Weekly Bible Verses
Persecution Will Come
“Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. Beware of men, for they will deliver you over to courts and flog you in their synagogues, and you will be dragged before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them and the Gentiles. When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. Brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death, and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. “A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household. Matthew 10: 16-25 (ESV)
Dove Hunting Tips
- Feather weight loads no bigger than 7 1/2, use an open choke or no more than Improved Cylinder. And save some shells and your shoulder.
- Get you head down on the stock in a proper weld, if not you can be shooting high. Keep your cheek snugly tucked against the comb of the stock, or your side-to-side swings will be all over the place.
- Take time to pick the best position on the field, looking for the best flight paths, and coverage to give you the most advantage.
- make sure you are using proper lead on the doves.
- first things first, stick to your first bird until you see em drop or else you will miss more often trying to get doubles or triples.
- Practice with some friend to find out your pattern and proper lead.
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network NRA Armed Citizen
89-Year-old Arthur Lewis was working at his store, the Jewelry Exchange, in Palm Beach County, Fla. when a man entered the shop and pretended to need his watch fixed. The man then drew a gun and attempted to rob Lewis. Lewis responded to the threat by grasping the criminal’s firearm and drawing a pistol. After a physical altercation, Lewis shot the robber, which prompted the thief to flee. Police caught up with the robber when his getaway driver sought police assistance for the wounded criminal. The armed robber targeted the wrong person. Lewis is a veteran of World War II, and previously defended himself against an attempted armed robbery in 2010.
Wrap Up: -Send feedback towww.godandgunspodcast.com/contact or Troy@GodandGunsPodcast.com, or Doug@firearmsradio.tv -Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/godandgunspodcast -Follow us on Twitter @godandgunspod -And search for us on Pinterest too. -And search for us on Instagram too. -Until next time, Have a blessed week. And keep your guns close but your bible closer.