Tonight we will be talking with Dr. Bones & Nurse Amy from Doom & Bloom about Survival Medicine.
God and Guns Podcast: Episode 074 - Dr. Bones & Nurse Amy of Doom and Bloom
Welcome back to Episode 074 ofthe God and Guns Podcast. I’m your host, Troy. (Doug) And I’m your other host, Doug.
We use this podcast to talk about God, guns, and the responsible Christian gun owners interests. Tonight we will be talking with Dr. Bones & Nurse Amy from Doom & Bloom about Survival Medicine.
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network
This Weeks God and Gun activities:
Doug - God: Daily devotional Piper and Duck Commander.
Guns: I was able to pick up a box of 525 Federal .22 ammo over the weekend. I was on call over the weekend and didn't get to do much of anything. (Story - Shaneen Allen, 27 year old mother of 2)
Troy:God: Teaching Sunday School, Daily Devotional Made the Foundations (Systematic Theology) by R.C. Sproul my Devotional because my time is limited by other activities.
Guns: EDCPistols to the Range about 200 rounds through the two of them.
A drunk staggers into a Catholic Church, enters a confessional booth, sits down, but says nothing. The Priest coughs a few times to get his attention, but the drunk continues to sit there. Finally, the Priest pounds three times on the wall. The drunk mumbles, "Ain't no use knockin'! There's no paper on this side either!"
A child asked his father, "How were people born?" So his father said, "Adam and Eve made babies, then their babies became adults and made babies, and so on." The child then went to his mother, asked her the same question and she told him, "We were monkeys then we evolved to become like we are now." The child ran back to his father and said, "You lied to me!" His father replied, "No, your mom was talking about her side of the family."
Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy of Doom and Bloom
Joe Alton MD and Amy Alton
- When did you first get interested in disaster preparedness?
- What is the difference between survival medicine and modern emergency medicine?
- What are some of the most basic things you can do to get yourself healthy now in order to better survive a disaster?
- EDC Medical Kit - gun shot wound kit essentials http://store.doomandbloom.net/bleeding-control-products/gunshot-wound-kit/
- Family Medical Kit - Home/Farm size Kit
- Travel/Missionary Recommendations
- (Preparedness mentality-Discuss wildfires in Montana as example KY mindset vs High Desert)
- BOB - Combat Corpsman's Bag AKA “Unit One” with surgical instrument set, minor surgery
- What about medications? What should you have on hand?
- Antibiotics Dr. Alton, you wrote the first article about using aquarium antibiotics in situations where modern medicine isn’t available. How did you come to the conclusion that some of them are safe to use? What about expiration dates?
- Doom and Bloom’s SURVIVAL Game!
- What are some of the topics you discuss in The Survival Medicine Handbook?
- The Survival Medicine Handbook Where can our audience get a copy of the Survival Medicine Handbook? Why is the Survival Medicine Handbook any different from the average First Aid book?
- What kind of Training, where, when?
- Supplies from where
- Video Instruction Available, Youtube, DVD
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network NRA Armed Citizen http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/25769368/man-calls-for-help-during-home-invasion-gets-voicemail
PORT RICHEY (FOX 13) - A home invasion and robbery in Pasco County is exposing some problems in the 911 dispatch system. It happened earlier this week on Gwain Road in Port Richey. A man called 911 after four robbers with guns broke into his home, demanded money and prescription drugs. The dispatcher tried to transfer the call from the fire department to law enforcement side of things – but he got a voicemail just as the crooks returned to the home. Chaos ensues. The man takes matters into his own hands and shoot one of the robbers. He then tells the dispatcher that he's been robbed, and two women in the home were physically hurt. The county released a timeline showing deputies were dispatched more than three and a half minutes after the original call, but they say the transfer problems didn't slow down their response. They also say steps are being taken to make sure it doesn’t happen again, although they didn't clarify what those steps are. As for the robbers, three of them have been caught, including the guy who was shot by the homeowner. Wrap Up: -Send feedback towww.godandgunspodcast.com/contact or Troy@godandgunspodcast.com, or Doug@firearmsradio.tv -Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/godandgunspodcast -Follow us on Twitter @godandgunspod -And search for us on Pinterest too. -And search for us on Instagram too. -Until next time, Have a blessed week. And keep your guns close but your bible closer.