Crossbreed sent us some holsters so Troy and Mike put them to the test!
God and Guns Podcast
Episode 033 - Crossbreed Holsters
Welcome back to the God and Guns Podcast. I’m your host, Troy. (Mike) And I’m your other host, Mike.
We use this podcast to talk about God, guns, and the responsible Christian gun owners interests.
Today we’ll be talking about the Crossbreed Holsters we acquired about a month ago.
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network
Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.
Chuck Norris and Superman once fought each other on a bet. The loser had to start wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants.
Chuck Norris can cut through a hot knife with butter
Chuck Norris bowled a perfect game ... While using a ping pong ball (Troy Modified from Golf Ball)
-Brice says: “Mike and Zack, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode about Mr Bonhoffer. I have always wondered where and how other Christians draw the line between obeying the government and standing up for what is right. It is often easy to believe that because the Bible says to "Fear God. Honor the king (1 Pet2:17)" that we are to blindly obey whatever the government may say. While I believe that violence should be an extreme last resort, it doesn't change the fact that at times, we "Must obey God rather than men (Acts 5:29)".
I also wanted to clarify a mistake that Mike made in reference to the FNH 5.7 pistol. The FN doesn't refer to the first and last letters of the caliber like Mike said, but refer to the proper name of the manufacturer "Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal". FN has been making firearms labeled with the FN emblem such as the FAL for much longer than the 5.7 cartridge has been around. While I know that Zack's definition of FN was sarcastic, I felt that I should clarify for Mike's benefit. I hope I am not being too mean about it, just passing on info that I know I would want.
Anyhow, I am sorry to see you both leaving the show, and hope that God will bless you in your new endeavors.”
-Daniel says: “As the old saying goes "you don't know what you got till its gone..." I hate to hear that you will no longer be on the show. As an avid shooter and a bible believer it is great to listen to you guys on the show. It has been my dream to use shooting as a ministry and I appreciate all the efforts to put on a podcast with a topic that is not easily well received. Keep up the great work and God bless!”
-Mike says: “Hey guys, great job on the podcast. I love to hear what you guys have to say every week. Concerning the last show "What Christians believe about the bible Pt. 2" Troy stated that the ATF no longer allows the public to build a gun from commercially available parts. After I heard the show I went to the ATF website to make sure and it still states the same as before. Maybe I'm not reading the wording correctly. Could you clarify, because I would like to build an AR-15, but if I have to have a serial number on it then I would rather purchase a completed rifle.”
Weekly Bible Verse: 1 Peter 2:13-17
“Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.” (NIV)
Homework: 1 Peter 3:8-12
Main Topic: Crossbreed Holster Review
Mike - Crossbreed Super Tuck for Glock 17.
-It gets super low. Way below the belt line. Conceals full sized Glock very nicely.
-The clips were easy to adjust and very secure.
-I haven’t touched the cant yet. But it’s nice you can adjust it.
-There is no snagging when drawing. The sight channel is formed perfectly and disappears near the top of the mold.
-The leather ends up forming to my body contour and stays that way.
-The first thing I noticed is that the raised stippling on the grip makes contact with my love handles and that can get uncomfortable.
-The clips seem kind of big and noticeable but there are other options like the J-clips or V-clips.
Troy - Crossbreed Mini Tuck for my Springfield Armory XDs 45
I have worn the holster for about 3 weeks. Until now I have been wearing the N82 Tactical Professional, which I guess would be considered my default comparison.
- I like the security of the clips and the way it rides low on my belt.
- I like the quality of the leather and the thickness.
- I like the adjustability of the clips for cant and ride height.
- I like the cutout to allow my hand to get good purchase on the grip before drawing from the holster.
- I like the width of the holster to get a wide stance which keeps the cant consistent and doesn’t allow the gun to flip over the pants when using the privy.
- The leather takes a while to break-in.
- The leather is almost too thick at times where it sort of pokes you in the side.
- The cutout (cuts both ways) allows the handle of the gun to ride against your skin, which maybe okay for most but I like to use Talon Grips on my polymer guns because when I shoot a lot my hands get sweaty so the grips keep the gun locked in my hand securely. I use sandpaper texture on my Glock 20, 21 and Glock 30 which would be unbearable with this holster. Since I have the rubber Talon Grips on my XDs it was bearable but still not as comfortable as the N82 Tactical Professional.
- Print is a little larger than with the N82 Tactical as there are two clips instead of one, and the lower ride pushes my belt out more than the higher riding T82 where my shirt hides the pistol better.
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network
1. A .22 semi auto pistol for teaching new shooters.
2. A Bersa BP380 for "dressy" occasions( I can't tuck my shirt in over my Glock 17 very well)
3. A Rock Island 1911
4. The spirit of contentment for all the other gun owners so they stop hogging all the ammo before I can get to it!
Weekly Giveaway: Winner / Alex Alderman
NRA Ball Cap FromTroy, sent to by NRA (I don’t know why)
Enter at www.godandgunspodcast.com/giveaway
-Send feedback to www.godandgunspodcast.com/contact or Troy@godandgunspodcast.com
-Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/godandgunspodcast
-Follow us on Twitter @godandgunspod
-And search for us on Pinterest too.
-Until next time, Have a blessed week. (Mike) And keep your guns close but your bible closer.