Zack returns from his time off and tackles some listener questions with Mike.
God and Guns Podcast
Episode 023 - Listener Questions Part 1
Welcome back to the God and Guns Podcast. My name’s Mike, your host, (Zack) And I’m Zack, your other host.
We use this podcast to talk about God, guns, and the responsible Christian gun owners interests.
Today we’ll be addressing listener questions and this will be the first part of an ongoing topic.
Bandwidth Sponsor: Firearms Radio Network Comedy Corner: Listener Email:
-James C. says: “Great episode again directed towards the men. There was a book written called WHY MEN HATE GOING TO CHURCH that is on a similar topic. Sometimes we fail to see the impact (as men) when we are not involved with the church. Again, not to undermine what a woman does, but we have a role as well that we can find ourselves neglecting. You mentioned Christian gun shooting clubs. How great it would be if we take what we enjoy and get others to enjoy it as well. Guns, fishing, fixing cars, construction...we have these passions and can share these with others inside and outside of the church to show what it means to be Christ-like. Be a light today.”
-John says: “I've built a cell phone app that allows users to mark (and avoid) gun free zones. It's a way for users to vote with their wallets and also stay safe - criminals already know where the gun free zones are and I think law abiding citizens deserve the same info.”
(Still need to contact him.) +Put a call out for an additional host+ Weekly Bible Verse: James 3:7-12
7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. (NIV)
Homework: James 4:1-3
Main Topic: Listener James’ questions:
1. As a Christian would you be able to kill someone in defense of yourself or another person?
2. If you were in a mall full of people, and someone starting shooting and you were carrying your handgun would you engage the target, or use your firearm to get away in retreat. How about if your family was with you?
3. Suggest to law enforcement and those in role model positions to stand up for 2nd amendment rights, and our freedoms in general that were given to us by our creator.
- Same episode could remind those of us who took an oath before God to defend the constitution.
4. Another episode on kids being around guns safety was AWESOME, how about on training and teaching the kids more.
5. Further clarification on episode one, how Christians can have guns and maybe why they should.
6. Have an episode about Homesteading, being able to independently provide for ourselves as much as possible. ( This could be multiple episodes, victory gardens, helping your neighbor - actually meeting your neighbor and talking to them *gasp*, canning, fixing things for yourself instead of relying on others.)
7. Have an episode on getting out and staying out of debt. Debt = slavery.
8. Have another episode on hunting (BUMPER) Wish List:
Mike’s: Kahr CM9
Zack’s: Sig Sauer SP2022
iTunes Reviews: Weekly Giveaway: This weeks winner: Tad Ward
Cory’s donation: ?
Enter at www.godandgunspodcast.com/giveaway
-Send feedback to www.godandgunspodcast.com/contact or email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
-Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/godandgunspodcast
-Follow us on Twitter @godandgunspod
-And search for us on Pinterest too.
-Until next time, Have a blessed week. And keep your guns close but your bible closer.